2018 East Coast Rally.

243 USA

Karen and I are packing our bags to fly out tomorrow for the ECR!

We will fly into Atlanta and drive up to the Campground. We expect to arrive late and will be staying in one of the cabins.

We are both very excited and looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday! This will be our first rally, sounds like we will be over loaded with information and that is a good thing. This will be the start of this wonderful journey of getting a HDT to safely tow or 5th wheel trailer around to see these many states that make up our great Country! We will see you all very soon.

Tim and Karen.

Have a safe trip, we will see you Sunday. We will arrive sometime Saturday.

Prepare yourselves for information overload!

Be sure to ask questions in case it is not covered in one of the seminars and feel free to help out if someone has their hood open!

Dave & Debbie

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Stopped for the night at Pioneer Village at Max Meadows VA.  Nice stop-over on I-81S. 263 miles to go tomorrow.  Should be there by 3 p.m.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

5 hours ago, 243 USA said:

Karen and I are packing our bags to fly out tomorrow for the ECR!

We will fly into Atlanta and drive up to the Campground. We expect to arrive late and will be staying in one of the cabins.

We are both very excited and looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday! This will be our first rally, sounds like we will be over loaded with information and that is a good thing. This will be the start of this wonderful journey of getting a HDT to safely tow or 5th wheel trailer around to see these many states that make up our great Country! We will see you all very soon.

Tim and Karen.

If you're not aware, check your Google maps before you leave the airport to find out where the traffic is.  You can go through town on the connector or, use 285 on the west or the east side of Atlanta.  We are south of the airport and a couple of weeks ago it took us almost an hour and a half to get to the top end perimeter.  Watch out for ladders and couches.  No, seriously...

We will leave sometime in the morning and work our way up at a leisurely pace.  I'm looking forward to this!

Safe travels!

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

Potential for some rain and nasty weather later on today so be safe everyone. I was up at 5:30 today so let the fun begin. Lots to do but some great helpers.  Looking forward to a great rally and some good companionship. Donna & I will apologize now if it seems we were or not as sociable as we should be but our attentions will be hectic for awhile.  Again thanks in advance for our volunteers and welcome to all. BTW for all those arriving today or reading this post, the Welcome will be held at 5:00 pm in the chapel near the entrance to the park rather than the tent. This is due to potential weather. NO food, drinks, or smoking is allowed in the chapel so no happy hour. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Tim & Karen, you should have a GREAT time! I did that for my first HDT ECR back in 2014. Sadly, I had to cancel for this year as I've found a buyer for my Stick & Brick and need to make 35+ years of "stuff" gone. I expect I will be at the National HDT Rally in Hutchinson, KS this October. Perhaps I'll get to meet you then. For now, take lots of notes, explore lots of rigs and, get as much rest as you can because it will be a busy week! WELCOME!!!

Weather still being fickle today. High temp 38 degrees. Moved seminars to chapel today. Good pizza and subs last night sponsored by SDI. Warm up starting tomorrow but still not to seasonal temps. Wish I had a job like a meteorologist where I was rarely right, oh wait, I do, I’m married 😊

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I just want to know why Carl arranged for that white stuff that fell from the sky last night and this morning .....

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

19 hours ago, RickW said:

I just want to know why Carl arranged for that white stuff that fell from the sky last night and this morning .....

To keep the soft drinks cold. Besides our Canadian friends were homesick. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Well, our ECR experience has ended. We would like to thank all those folks we met this weekend that made us feel welcome. Today we arrived home safely after an 11 hour journey. Thank you, Carl, Roger, Britt, Leon, Roger, Karen, Sondra, Dave, Dave, Larry, Julie and all the others we gained information from.  We wish work did not cut our week short, as we would have liked to stay.  We learned a lot, even with the lousy cold weather and snow that fell.

We wished we could have spent more time learning from you all. Wish we could have spent some time with Dave and Sondra discussing our shared passion of Disney.

Again, thank you for everything.

Chris  :ph34r:.

Sandpiper 379 FLOK, Volvo 2012 730.

20180525_081811_resizednumber1.jpg

We made it to the airport safely. Wanted to take a moment and say thank to Carl and Donna for all the work they did to make the ECR so successful and fun! Thank you to everyone that presented! All the information was very informative and valuable. We had a great time meeting new friends and catching back up with friends we met previously. We are excited about our journey of finding an HDT. We are already looking forward next years ECR and spending time with a really great group of people. Thanks again everyone!

Tim and Karen.

On 4/17/2018 at 5:45 PM, PaHunter said:

Well, our ECR experience has ended. We would like to thank all those folks we met this weekend that made us feel welcome. Today we arrived home safely after an 11 hour journey. Thank you, Carl, Roger, Britt, Leon, Roger, Karen, Sondra, Dave, Dave, Larry, Julie and all the others we gained information from.  We wish work did not cut our week short, as we would have liked to stay.  We learned a lot, even with the lousy cold weather and snow that fell.

We wished we could have spent more time learning from you all. Wish we could have spent some time with Dave and Sondra discussing our shared passion of Disney.

Chris and Jennifer, 

It was great to meet the both of you and talking about your new truck, can't wait to see it in person.

Roger and Karen

GCTaaehl.jpg

On 4/17/2018 at 5:45 PM, PaHunter said:

You are very welcome!  It was great to meet you also!  We hope to see you here next year, we plan to return. 

Looking forward to seeing the big-bumble-bird-bee next time! :)

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

So after being here and then having to be out of town for two days, I'm back late last night. Understand schedule was updated for today, but the website is not responding. Girls are headed out, but I need to know what is going on? Anything happening today? 

Thanks and have a great day,

Shannon 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Today is “Design Ideas” at 0900 followed by summary round table. BBQ dinner tonight at 5:00.

Had privilege of “jamming “ with some of the younger set last night. Some real talent in this group on instruments and singing. Shoot we even had Charlie singing along. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

6 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Today is “Design Ideas” at 0900 followed by summary round table. BBQ dinner tonight at 5:00.

Had privilege of “jamming “ with some of the younger set last night. Some real talent in this group on instruments and singing. Shoot we even had Charlie singing along. 

That was fun. Thanks for letting Carsyn play with yall. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

4 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

That was fun. Thanks for letting Carsyn play with yall. 

Hey, she’s a real talent, keep up the lessons. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Thanks Carl and Donna for another great Rally. Met some new friends , reconnected with old friends, and  Miss Judy and I will always cherish these days. Oh and lookout ,the Buckeye State HDT's  are gaining strength in numbers. Furthermore I nominate AL to always make the coffee... That's gooood stuff !  

A couple of suggestions for 2019 are

1. Another " light up the night " event. This one turned out pretty well and I'd just love to see everyone get in on the fun.

2. A calling for all pickers of anything musical to maybe jam a couple of nights after our get togethers. It was kinda fun and what the heck, I may even pull my guitar out of storage. A banjo and a stand up bass wouldn't hurt either.  ( Hint Hint ) ....

Hutch sounds good and so does Florida show . I'll be getting my Nigerian lottery check by then  so we just might make it.  To those hitching the wagon tomorrow, safe travels back to reality,

All in all , All Smiles  :D:D !! 

May God Bless us All

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Carl and Donna,     Thank You'll for all the great work you did getting this ECR to be so successful. All you did is amazing so thanks again. Thanks to all of the presenters for all they did. We are home and the truck and 5er are on the slab and emptied. It has to go to the dealer for a ailing black water valve on Wen. But we did get home safe and sound.    Pat

The Old Sailor

Thanks Pat. Glad to hear you made it safely. Always a joy to see you guys. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Well even tho we could not stay all week, we plan on returning next year to the East Coast Canadian Rally. Hoping that next year maybe the weather will be much improved from this year, although that only requires temps in the 40's and dry, no snow. Carl and Donna did a fantastic job, and Kim and her staff were great also. Looking forward to next year and getting to spend some more time, preferably outside enjoying everyone's company.

Chris  :ph34r:.

Sandpiper 379 FLOK, Volvo 2012 730.

20180525_081811_resizednumber1.jpg

Archived