Using the HTML Codes <> feature

Can someone point to an explanation for how to use the html codes < > feature, above?  I've tried using it to insert html codes and can't seem to get it to work.

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

1.  Click on the Link icon.  You'll see two boxes:  URL and Link Text

2.  Paste the URL you want to use in the URL box (or type it in...be sure to include the http://).  Do NOT use the <> around the URL.

3.  If you want the URL to show up in your post as is, leave the Link Text box blank.  If you want the URL to appear as words, type in the words you want to show.

Here's the URL if I leave the Link Text box blank:

http://www.escapees.com

Here's the same URL if I fill in the Link Text box:

Escapees

The only time *I* use the Link icon is if I have a long URL.  In that case, I put the URL in the URL box and then type something in the Link Text box like shown above.

If I have a shorter URL, I typically just copy the URL and paste it here where I'm typing my message.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Thank you , Linda.  I am wanting to create a simple 2x1 table with text in each cell in my signature block, but the link icon is not allowing me to insert the html code for the table. Any hints?

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

I went to my signature and attempted to put in a URL as I described above.  It worked for me, so I have no idea why it's not working for you. 

Of course, using the Link icon will only show the URL to the table, not the table itself.  If that's what you're trying to do, you'll probably have to insert the table as a picture, not a URL. 

Hopefully, someone else will have some suggestions.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

The <> option is to display code listings, i.e. it changes to monospace type and doesn't alter the formatting of whatever text you enter.

The only HTML tags that are supported are those indicated by the icons included in the editor.  You can enter them manually in a message if you prefer, but not other unsupported HTML tags.

For example, here's what happened when I entered the following after selecting <>

[b] Bold [/b]

[i] Italic [/i]

[s] Strikethrough [/s]

The Link option (the chain icon)  lets you enter a URL with or without an alias.  It's automates entering a link like {url=www.escapees.com}Escapees{/url}.

There is one way I can think of to get your table into the signature as long as you are not wanting it to contain dynamic content. 

Create the table then, assuming you are using Windows, use the Snipping tool to capture the image of your table and then insert that image into the signature.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

On 4/13/2018 at 3:33 AM, Chalkie said:

There is one way I can think of to get your table into the signature as long as you are not wanting it to contain dynamic content. 

Create the table then, assuming you are using Windows, use the Snipping tool to capture the image of your table and then insert that image into the signature.

Maybe your signature block will be a good example.  In my signature block I'm wanting the 2x1 table to have the vehicle info in left cell and the state chart in right cell, but it does not work as I'm unable to create the table within the < > link parameters using html coding.  Maybe the question should be:  Can you use html coding within the code < > attribute, as I can't seem to get it to work?

8 hours ago, gypsydan said:

Maybe your signature block will be a good example.  In my signature block I'm wanting the 2x1 table to have the vehicle info in left cell and the state chart in right cell, but it does not work as I'm unable to create the table within the < > link parameters using html coding.  Maybe the question should be:  Can you use html coding within the code < > attribute, as I can't seem to get it to work?

Well, I did some messing around with my sig and I agree that it seems you can not use "code", or at least a simple snippet of code. Perhaps a full segment with header, etc. would work but I was not going to take the time. I did alter my sig using the method I described and as you can now see I think it does what you are wanting to do, just not the way you are trying. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

On 4/13/2018 at 3:33 AM, Chalkie said:

Perfect. Great idea that will do what I want.  Thanks, and may your Slide Down the Bannister of Life be Joyful.

Archived