No Throttling 4G hotspot/sim on Ebay

A friend of ours told us about a no-throttle ATT sim card and hotspot that he bought online on Ebay. This sim would allow you to have unlimited 4G access without a contract. You pay the seller directly each month.

Has anyone purchased one of these hotspot/sim card from Ebay? Assuming the seller is legit, what is the downside of a purchase like this one?

Here’s an example of what I am talking about:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-UNLIMITED-Data-Hotspot-NO-THROTTLING-Home-Or-On-The-Go-INTERNET/173135241780?hash=item284faa2234:g:zHgAAOSwLjxaT74T

Thanks for any insight.

Art

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

You're at the mercy of the seller's relationship with the service provider. Renting out lines on his business account in this manner violates AT&T's terms of service, and he could be cut off at any time if the violation is detected. You won't be in any trouble with AT&T though, since they wouldn't know you exist. I think that makes the biggest downside "reliability"...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

1 hour ago, Tom_M said:

And $70 per month. Doesn't seem like much of a bargain.

Have you priced data plans from ATT? $70 for a truly unlimited, unthrottled, hotspot is a GREAT deal.

If only it were true. I would have serious doubts about this offering on Ebay.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Since AT&T have removed allowing any hotspots on any of their unlimited plans (unless you are grandfathered in), they retired the mobley plan, and reduced the homebase plan to 100gb for $100, this definitely is not a bad deal. As mentioned though, it is a rental plan and can go away at any time and mostly likely the hotspot you were using will be blacklisted from their network. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

4 hours ago, Devilishjim said:

I think maybe 10 yrs for attempt to commit fraud ?

Not likely, Jim. A violation of the carrier's terms of service will usually just get either a warning or the account shut off and possibly the devices used blacklisted. The master account itself is likely a standard business account, so there's no illegal activity involved. Just usage that doesn't comply with the company's policies.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived