Fuel mileage

vett

I have a 2014 106 sportchassis 9l 350 hp when I towing my 5th wheel  get 6 to 7 mpg. It's 40f 19,000 lbs empty 

when not towing I received about 12mpg. So my question is this to what other are getting on their truck.

its a new truck with 3,500 miles 

i travel at 65 to 68 miles per hour 

thanks ed

Those numbers seem about average from what I have seen other MDT owners post in the past.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

1 hour ago, vett said:

I have a 2014 106 sportchassis 9l 350 hp when I towing my 5th wheel  get 6 to 7 mpg. It's 40f 19,000 lbs empty 

when not towing I received about 12mpg. So my question is this to what other are getting on their truck.

its a new truck with 3,500 miles 

i travel at 65 to 68 miles per hour 

thanks ed

Slow down to below 60 mph and you should see 25-30% mileage increase.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

With 2015 2015 M2-106 Sport Chassis towing 8 and bobtail 10.  Bobtail is short trip and generally 200 RPM faster on the road.

But I'm really hard pressed to gauge mileage using 2 fuel tanks and almost never filling them at the same place. The ambient Temperature makes a difference but I have no idea the difference being 20 degree or 70 degrees.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

9 hours ago, ms60ocb said:

With 2015 2015 M2-106 Sport Chassis towing 8 and bobtail 10.  Bobtail is short trip and generally 200 RPM faster on the road.

But I'm really hard pressed to gauge mileage using 2 fuel tanks and almost never filling them at the same place. The ambient Temperature makes a difference but I have no idea the difference being 20 degree or 70 degrees.

Clay

I have the same problem - I get lazy and the store attached to the diesel pump looks like it might has a good selection of jerky to pick from so I wheel in and fill the one tank...

Near as I can figure the little Cummins burns all the fuel I put in the tanks...:)

Seems to do around 10-11 towing 16,500lbs x 40ft toymobile. It goes a long time bob tail...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived