Sign in to follow this  
vett

Fuel mileage

I have a 2014 106 sportchassis 9l 350 hp when I towing my 5th wheel  get 6 to 7 mpg. It's 40f 19,000 lbs empty 

when not towing I received about 12mpg. So my question is this to what other are getting on their truck.

its a new truck with 3,500 miles 

i travel at 65 to 68 miles per hour 

thanks ed

Edited by vett

1 hour ago, vett said:

I have a 2014 106 sportchassis 9l 350 hp when I towing my 5th wheel  get 6 to 7 mpg. It's 40f 19,000 lbs empty 

when not towing I received about 12mpg. So my question is this to what other are getting on their truck.

its a new truck with 3,500 miles 

i travel at 65 to 68 miles per hour 

thanks ed

Slow down to below 60 mph and you should see 25-30% mileage increase.

2007 M2-106 330hp Mercedes and 21k fifth wheel we're averaging 9.5 towing and about 12 bobtail.  It will vary greatly depending on the wind.  I set the cruise at 65.

With 2015 2015 M2-106 Sport Chassis towing 8 and bobtail 10.  Bobtail is short trip and generally 200 RPM faster on the road.

But I'm really hard pressed to gauge mileage using 2 fuel tanks and almost never filling them at the same place. The ambient Temperature makes a difference but I have no idea the difference being 20 degree or 70 degrees.

Clay

9 hours ago, ms60ocb said:

With 2015 2015 M2-106 Sport Chassis towing 8 and bobtail 10.  Bobtail is short trip and generally 200 RPM faster on the road.

But I'm really hard pressed to gauge mileage using 2 fuel tanks and almost never filling them at the same place. The ambient Temperature makes a difference but I have no idea the difference being 20 degree or 70 degrees.

Clay

I have the same problem - I get lazy and the store attached to the diesel pump looks like it might has a good selection of jerky to pick from so I wheel in and fill the one tank...

Near as I can figure the little Cummins burns all the fuel I put in the tanks...:)

Seems to do around 10-11 towing 16,500lbs x 40ft toymobile. It goes a long time bob tail...