Sign in to follow this  
vett

Fuel mileage

I have a 2014 106 sportchassis 9l 350 hp when I tow my sportchassis get 6 to 7 mpg.

when not towing I received about 12mpg. So my question is this to what other are getting on their truck.

its a new truck with 3,500 miles 

thanks ed

On a “new” truck as the miles increase the engine and drivetrain will “break in” and you will see an increase of your mpg when towing. 

Edited by DesertMiner

I have a 09 M2 with ISC 330 towing 20k+ at 65-68 MPH. I get 14.5 MPG! 7.25 going and 7.25 coming home.

I have a 1999 international 4700 Stalick at 13000#, 300hp, Allison 3060, towing a Teton Frontier at 20000# and 68000 mi over 12 years I average 8.95 mpg with a high of 11.6and a low of 4.4  (that tank I had fuel siphoned while parked at a church overnight).every sort of towing situation while I was part time full time. We usually managed to keep above 38mph and seldom exceeded 70. My rig is offered for sale in the rigs tows and toads for sale.

Roger

Edited by REDROVER
finish last sentence and sign