StarlifterFE

Entry Step Motor Problems

Our entry step goes out OK but at the end of travel it makes a grinding sound.  This has happened before and I just turned the plastic gear a little and that fixed the problem for a while.  Now I want to replace the gear box.  I think I will have to replace the motor and the together.  Has anyone replaced theirs?  If so, where did you get it?  A link to the web site would be great of at least the part number.  REV group has a part number but I can't get it to cross reference to an after market part and they want $238 for it.
Thanks for any help.
Barry Crocker
2005 HR Ambassador 37PBD

image001.jpg

Most of the motors for these are actually power window motors for popular automobiles.   Look for a part number or take it off and go to a local auto parts dealer.   

Gerald

Edited by gdheinrich

I replaced both of mine, the motor and the gear. I'm pretty sure I ordered them from Amazon. I had the same problem but replacing them didn't fix the grinding noise. I bypassed the auto switch the put in my own rocker switch, works great now. Power to the switch then the motor.