How Expensive are front windows to replace?

Santa

In Florida windshield coverage is included with $0 deductible.
My insurance is coming up for renewal next week. With the small increase it has.

If I take off $250 for both MH & toad. It makes my insurance a real reasonable price.

I have only had one side of the windshield replaced in the 16 years I have owned it.
I didn't see the bill on cost as Insurance Company paid for it 100%
$500 at 16 years is $8,000. So self insured on the windshield would sound like the best way to go. :)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

Are you asking about windshields for a motorhome or for a front window in some other type of RV?  For a motorhome the windshield is usually a part of the comprehensive coverage and that typically varies with the specific RV due to windshield configurations. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I was curious what windows on what vehicles you were referring to also. I have a Trvl. Trlr. that had a large side window taken out by a bear easily 5 or more years ago. The coverage was under the trailer policy since I was not hooked to the truck. The window was not readily available and the insurance company ended up settling with me at a value of $1583.43 installed at my site. I had $100. deductable so I got $1483.43.   If memory serves the window including frame was just under $900. and the rest was crating and shipping.

You need to specify what window you are referring to.

I need to replace my front windshield of my Class C, and was told by my insurance person that it should not cost more than $350, but since my deductible was $500, it would not be covered.  My motorhome is on a Ford E-450 chassis.

I have only had one windshield broken in 50 years of driving about everything, and that was just a couple months ago.  Like Biker56 stated, our Florida insurance policy has to include windshield replacement with zero deductible.  They are required by Florida statute to replace one per year for customers.  This benefit, along with the fact we are home to some of the most aggressive driver's in the nation is probably why our rates are so high.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I just replaced my front windshield on my Class A Diesel. It was covered on my insurance policy just like any other claim subject to my deductible. Not sure what it cost since all I had to pay was my deductible. The windshield company handled the entire claim and was paid direct by my insurance and I paid the windshield company my deductible via a credit card. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I had the passenger side replace last year in Livingston.  My deductible was $100.  Cost was $1,250.  I have the glass break endorsement but the cost was not separately identified on my policy.  As I recall, it was not an expensive endorsement.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

Archived