Boycott Arizona Market Place - Yuma

CapeMayAl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Nickel and dime to death. 

That is what ticks me off the most about many places.  But, others may like it...paying for what they use, a la carte.  It is their way of making money while saving money. 

Look at the airlines; paying for checked bags.  In the good old days, I only checked my bags.  I didn't care if I waited at the carousel for my luggage.  I hated dragging even a carry-on thru the airport, so I didn't.  If I didn't hate flying so much, I might do a little of it.  But I would rather drive 2k over a 2 week span than fly 500 miles in a day.  Yeah, I hate flying.

3 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

That is what ticks me off the most about many places.  But, others may like it...paying for what they use, a la carte.  It is their way of making money while saving money. 

Look at the airlines; paying for checked bags.  In the good old days, I only checked my bags.  I didn't care if I waited at the carousel for my luggage.  I hated dragging even a carry-on thru the airport, so I didn't.  If I didn't hate flying so much, I might do a little of it.  But I would rather drive 2k over a 2 week span than fly 500 miles in a day.  Yeah, I hate flying.

You got it!

I don't mind flying.  I will not deal with the TSA.  Its been proven time and again it doesn't work.  Like locks though, they'll only try to keep honest people honest.

I'd rather drive too.  Took a trip to LA several years ago, and I'll admit I did fly.  I used UPS about a week before, and sent everything I needed for one price.

Skp #98641
2018 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Laramie CC DRW LB
2018 Durango Gold 380FLF 5th Wheel
My Email

On 3/26/2018 at 4:53 PM, Kirk Wood said:

I would not, but as I mentioned, I wouldn't pay them either. Just down the road from us we have a huge flea market, the Canton TX, First Monday Trade Days and I have paid to park there numerous times over the years. Paid parking amounts to pretty much the same thing as an entrance fee, but it is only per vehicle.   ;)

A buck! Seriously? Heck, we had a fabulous time at First Monday Trade Days and when you add the parking fee to the VRBO cost (b4 we had 5r), dinner at Four Winds Steakhouse, Joy & daughter renting scooters, "stuff" we bought, and gas to get there... Kinda like people complaining to the repair guy that their refrigerator is running up their light bill cuz it runs all the time. Really? One stinking dollar?

1st Time RVer 2018 Montana 3791RD, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW

19 minutes ago, masterdrago said:

A buck! Seriously? Heck, we had a fabulous time at First Monday Trade Days and when you add the parking fee to the VRBO cost (b4 we had 5r), dinner at Four Winds Steakhouse, Joy & daughter renting scooters, "stuff" we bought, and gas to get there... Kinda like people complaining to the repair guy that their refrigerator is running up their light bill cuz it runs all the time. Really? One stinking dollar?

Yeah, seriously.  You go to buy, to spend money, yada, yada.

It's not the buck, it could be a $100.  The point is, you're paying to buy, when other days there's no charge.  Kinda like gas prices going up in a tourist area on the weekend.  I don't like it period. A $1 here, a $1 there, $5 here, $5 there.  You wanna pay mine?  Go right ahead!

Skp #98641
2018 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Laramie CC DRW LB
2018 Durango Gold 380FLF 5th Wheel
My Email

On March 26, 2018 at 11:31 AM, CapeMayAl said:

So, vendors are cheated from weekend sales if people won't pay the $1 and customers are cheated if they can only shop on the weekend.

I don't see how anyone is cheated of anything.  It isn't a secret charge.  They don't tell you one price and then switch it for a higher one.  You gain access to things you want in exchange for a fee.  That's just plain old market forces at work.  That's how movie theaters, the museums and Amazon Prime work.  Demand is high on weekends.  The owner of the facility, market association or someone else is capitalizing on that demand.  You have every right to refuse to pay it by refusing to go.  Just don't expect most folks to be as outraged as you are.

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

We are no flea  market fans but it is our choice to go or not to go pay or not to pay. Most of the time it is a parking fee. It still remains a personal choice.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

On 3/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, Barbaraok said:

Here's a link to our blog pages on Craters of the Moon and also the first Breeder Nuclear Reactor in the US.

EBR1-Reactor

Craters of the Moon

Have fun

Barb, Entered your blog and enjoyed reading it.  Where do I deposit my $1.00?

Later, J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

The big Flea Market in Webster FL charges $5 a car to get in and it's 10 times the size of Arizona Marketplace. The flea market in Santee CA charges $5. I have no problems going to either, they are both places I want to experience.

Shop at the mall in downtown San Diego and you have to pay for parking, in fact I can remember several malls we've been to that require you to pay for parking and the prices aren't as good as AMP .

You go right ahead and boycott, we'll see you in Walmart.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

24 minutes ago, scouserl41 said:

The big Flea Market in Webster FL charges $5 a car to get in and it's 10 times the size of Arizona Marketplace. 

BnB

There you have it, Arizona Marketplace should only be charging 50  cents.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

Archived