Volunteers Needed USACE Near Augusta Ga

Ski

Posting this for the volunteer coordinator.

Volunteers needed at J. Strom Thurmond Lake Clarks Hill, S.C. Various duties available. 20 hours per week for a single and 20 hours per week for a couple (10 hours each) for full hookups. Some positions available now.

Pat and I have been volunteering here since last September. The folks here are simply great, from the park manager on down. Great location, we are 25-miles N.W. of Augusta. 

Contact Allen Atkins at 864.333.1100 email patrick.a.atkins@usace.mil

Al

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ffwife50 said:

Is this a contract(paid) gig?

This isn't a paid position. Gate attendants are paid but that is a bid position and the hours are much longer. COE volunteers are not paid but the hours are much shorter and duties less. You get a free RV site with full hookps.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks for sharing!

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Winfield Campground is open for bids for a gate attendent. If interested, I would call Allen Atkins 864.333.1100 ASAP.

The gate attendant had a medical emergency at the last minute and couldn't make it.

Two volunteer couples pulled in this week. We have three couples leaving along with Pat and I within thirty days. Pat and I have been here for seven months. Set a record for us. Our previous record was four months.

The rangers and fellow volunteers are great folks and easy to work with. Some  of the jobs we have had here are clearing forest service roads, marking GPS locations of private docks around the lake, making fish attractors and so. We are with the Forest Fish and Wildlife section.

The Volunteer Village has twelve sites w/FHU's and WiFi, a club house with a full kitchen, game area, exercise equipment washers and dryers. Located in Modoc, S.C.

Sounds like a nice place to spend some time.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived