Verizon 55+ plan

wildmandmc

Got a text other day from Verizon. Seems they now have a 55+ plan.

One phone on plan $60. 2 phones $80. plus tax's fee's.  Unlimited data, text, calls. 

Owner of plan must be 55.  in order to get it you must contact them, they not giving it unless u contact them. No Discounts apply. So if you have military discount on your current plan you loose it.  2 phone max. And of course they have that (during peak times data will drop to slower speed). lol. also hot spotting not on plan. 

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

Is the unlimited data include using as a hotspot?

My one phone $60 unlimited data, text, calls on Sprint includes a 10GB hotspot.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

20 minutes ago, noteven said:

Verizon unlimited data no allow hot spotting. 

While the language for the 55+ plan says no Mobile Hotspots like the Jetpack are allowed, it doesn't say anything about not being able to use your phone as a hotspot.  This is certainly something I'd want to check on before I signed up for the plan (although it's moot for us since we don't live in Florida).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I wonder which other carriers are going to come along with a 55+ plan. T-Mobile has one, and I think they started it out, and it is a really good plan. Everyone can say what they will about the coverage but it is getting better. Also, the T-Mobile plan is available everywhere you can get a plan, not limited to one state, AND you can hot spot your phone with no data limits. 

For us the plan has been a great money saver by dropping almost $60 from our monthly bill, others may see different results, but I sure think it is about time for all carriers to jump onboard with saving for seniors.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Prices are getting way out of hand. I have one iPhone 6+ and data line for my iPad with Verizon and it is costing me about $135 a month. Went to look at getting the new Galaxy S9 and that would add another $35 a month to my bill for a total of $170 for me alone. Needless to say I’m keeping my iPhone. I also have satellite TV and that just went up from $95 to $135. Not to mention the rising prices of campsites everywhere.  I am a member of the Elks and their fees are going up at almost all the lodges from $25 to $35 a night. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

i remember back in day 2 phones unlimited was $50 bucks. that was metro pcs. pre smart phone days. got a smart phone an had to change to Verizon . Verizon is only one that works where i live. others are spotty. So in my case the $80 unlimited 55 plan would be great for me it's still a lot of money for a phone. just seems those big Corporations are just sucking every $ out of us that they can. 

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

4 hours ago, wildmandmc said:

just seems those big Corporations are just sucking every $ out of us that they can. 

Nothing is new in that as profits are what companies are all about. We love the high returns from the stocks in our investments but complain about the prices we pay for products sold by those same companies. Those on fixed incomes have always been the people caught by increasing wages and prices. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived