CG in or around San Diego

JPL

I have a friend that has gotten orders to San Diego. He is in the Navy and is a Lt. (03). He currently owns a 33' tag but is going to buy a 36-37' 5er with the plan for him and his wife to live it to live in for this 2 year tour. He just got the orders and doesn't report till next Apr. Does anybody know where he can get a permanent sight? Any ideas? Thanks for any help.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Maybe check with the housing office at his next duty station or he could check up at camp Pendleton MCB about 40 miles away.  Some bases have long term camping slots. .famcamps is what they're called.  Also try NAS Mirimar and also North island.  Best if luck.

There are a few military campgrounds with time limit stays. (Usually 30 days).  Then you have to leave for a period of time 1-5 days??

Where is he going to be stationed (32nd St, Miramar, N. Island, Sub Base)?

A lot of military bounce 30 day stays between Fiddlers Cove Military campground and Admiral Baker RV Park.  Fairly reasonable prices, nice spots.

Cheapest long term civilian campgrounds:

Pio Pico in Jamul (out in the country and a long drive to any of the bases)

Coronado Palms RB Mobile Home Park (close to 32nd St and N. Island) - they have cleaned the place up greatly in the last 6 months.  It is fairly close to the freeway.

Chula Vista RV resort  (close to 32nd ST and N. Island) VERY Nice park but expensive $2 to 3K/month!

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

I have a house for rent in San Diego if he is interested. I prefer to rent to the military. I also remember a navy family who had a 5th wheel toy hauler and they camped at the San Diego KOA. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

San Diego KOA is nice and offer monthly stays. In a Chula Vista. Not far from base. 

Need to check rates. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 7:34 AM, Twotoes said:

I have a house for rent in San Diego if he is interested. I prefer to rent to the military. I also remember a navy family who had a 5th wheel toy hauler and they camped at the San Diego KOA. 

Pm Details on your home.  

Santee Lakes is nice! 

Archived