Have my Dish installed.

Dish installer took care of me yesterday.  He gave me a little training session on setup.  Glad he talked with me about the 0-125 signal strength setting Dish uses.  I would have thought 67 out of 125 was weak.  Nope.

He repeated what TV4RV says with regard to a level tripod.  He also showed me how to use the Dish elevation and skew adjustments.  I printed the Dish WA and EA zip code settings.  It's funny, the EA on Fla's east coast is VERY southern, not eastern at all.

I used the TV4RV compass and bubble level with no problem.  He used his Super Buddy to dial in the sat, but the setup was real close without it.  Too bad the Dish system sends 29v thru the line and the SF-95 included with TV4RV's combo only goes up to 18v.  I'll have to find something else that will work instead of burning up the SF-95.  

I don't think this sat system will be too hard to setup.  In the mean time, I have scheduled recordings for a LOT of movies to watch when we're just overnighting somewhere.  I don't intend to setup the dish for an overnight.  We don't do much of that, though.

I also saved the threads about using chat thru My Dish to get the service address changed.  Will be doing plenty of that this trip.  I will probably request the change the morning we depart one location for another.  Hopefully the system will update before we pull out.  That should make setup a little faster at the new location.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get the system that best fit my wants and needs.

When you move, as long as you don't move beyond the local channel spot beam coverage you don't need to update your service address. 

Here is a link to a website to view the spot beam coverage:  Spot Beam by City

There are times when we travel in an area with a very large spot beam, such as Denver, CO or Portland, OR, we have spent the entire summer traveling all over the area and never updated our service address. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I haven't changed our service address since we moved it to St Mary's, GA and the Jacksonville, FL locals. Now we're in Charlotte, NC beyond the normal spot beam footprint, but as long as we use the eastern arc sats, we can still get the Jacksonville locals anywhere in the lower 48 on the CONUS beamed 77 sat. I stayed with the GA address instead of a FL address to avoid the satellite video tax FL imposes. When available, we use the OTA stations for the current weather and news where we actually are, otherwise the Internet keeps us informed.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

7 hours ago, Al F said:

When you move, as long as you don't move beyond the local channel spot beam coverage you don't need to update your service address. 

Appreciate the link and info.  We'll be moving quite a bit this year.  Fla to Idaho and back over 6 months and a lot of non-direct routes.

Archived