Starting another Project

Quickthrotl

Howdy Quickthrotl,

Looking at your photos, when completed how much clearance will there between the top of your tires and the nearest underside part of the bed?  Do you plan to cut a radius in the outside iron to provide tire clearance for removal and installation?  Looks good, thanks for any info you can share.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

46 minutes ago, Quickthrotl said:

With the truck aired down there is 1" of clearance between the tires and the bed, fully aired up the tires will come out

Howdy Quickthrotl,

OK, just wondering as I am in the process of building-having a bed built and am very concerned about clearance between the tires and the deck.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Are all tires the same diameter??  Will you ever need or want chains?  Would there be enough room then?

Personally, I don't figure on using chains or getting into a situation which would call for them....I'd use sox if they were available.

I need new tires for rear of truck and all of the trailer tires.  Trailers are dated 2012.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope you don't plan on hauling a 10k trailer on that ball hitch. That 3 point doesn't look strong enough??

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Archived