Where Do You Get Your MH Serviced Whilst Traveling

FULLTIMEWANABE

Just curious where you typically get your Motorhomes serviced on the road?   Hubby has been doing the Oil & Filter Changes on the Engine and the Generator himself, but is feeling with aches and pains now, he'd like to start utilizing an "affordable" franchise as we travel that we could just pull into and get done hopefully as we go down the road.   We are Canadian so not aufait with the USA names, think someone mentioned Speedco on a thread I read somewhere but ....

Thanks for stating whether it is Diesel or Gas or both can be done at the location and approximate costs.   We currently have a gasser but looks like soon be a DP as he's winning me over :(

Happy Travels.

FTW

The typical oil change interval on a DP is 15,000 miles or one year.  We usually have everything serviced in the spring at our local shop and don't anticipate needing service again that year other than for unforeseen repairs. 

We haven't used Speedco but I know lots of others have.  Speedco is now owned by Love's and I've read some unfavorable reviews about what some see as changes since the acquisition.  Since I don't have personal knowledge, I'd be curious to hear what others say about this.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Check out rvservicereviews.com. I was in Phoenix in Oct and found Massey’s Diesel and they were  highly recommended. Got an appointment for a full annual service on the Class A and genny for $850 and even stayed in their parking lot the night before for free. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

14 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

There are a lot of truckers who use Loves, Pilot, and TA for such services. I have never used the services of any of those but someone seems to do so. 

Our experience has been that these are a case-by-case situation.  Some won't work on MH's, some won't although most will help with fairly minor things.  Occasionally, we've had to search for a local heavy truck repair facility to resolve more complex problems.

If you have a DP you can also usually get help at a CAT or Cummins facility of which there are quite a few.   And it you have a Freightliner chassis, they have numerous service facilities also.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived