Don't Miss Out on Escapade!

Kirk W

Kirk, 

Could you add the location and dates? 

Thanks, 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

The next Escapade will be May 27 through June 1 of 2018 at the Missouri State Fair Grounds in Sedalia, MO. You have the option of either full hookups, with more than 1000 full hookup sites or for boondocking if you prefer. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, whj469 said:

I have tried several times to attend and every time the dates don't work.

It will be back in Tucson again next year and sometime in March but I'm not sure which days. 

At our first Escapade it took us a bit to learn we needed to prioritize what we would do while there. Fix-it seminars and services first. Thankfully, there were not seminars conflicting with each evening's entertainment. Escapade is both an informative and entertaining gathering. I highly recommend making a reservation if you haven't done so yet.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

15 hours ago, SWharton said:

Does any one know when the list of seminars will be published?

I contacted the Escapade Directors (Duane & Jean Mathis) with your question. He said that typically the list isn't finalized and published until about 4 weeks prior because some speakers are not definite until late. Then they try to shuffle the schedules to make it so that a couple will be able to cover as many different subjects of similar nature as possible. Each time slot is timed to offer something for the new RV traveler and for the more experienced ones as much as possible while avoiding two subjects of special interest to the same group taking place at the same time. It is a pretty complicated job. 

We have been to two of them.They are very informative.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 7:17 AM, Kirk Wood said:

I contacted the Escapade Directors (Duane & Jean Mathis) with your question. He said that typically the list isn't finalized and published until about 4 weeks prior because some speakers are not definite until late. Then they try to shuffle the schedules to make it so that a couple will be able to cover as many different subjects of similar nature as possible. Each time slot is timed to offer something for the new RV traveler and for the more experienced ones as much as possible while avoiding two subjects of special interest to the same group taking place at the same time. It is a pretty complicated job. 

Hi --  

Any update on when the program/schedule will be released?  I'm sitting on the fence about attending,  which would delay my departure for the Yukon by about two weeks from current plan.

Also,   who can give me information about availability of showers and restrooms for boondockers?  Using my Class B outdoor boondocking shower doesn't bother wildlife, but at the fairgounds ..... not so much.

Thanks

It has been posted..............I thought it had

I am now very confused. I printed the schedule off a few days ago and when I went to get the link to post here the schedule had disappeared....................Only last years w as posted............

5 hours ago, GreyDawg said:

Also,   who can give me information about availability of showers and restrooms for boondockers?  Using my Class B outdoor boondocking shower doesn't bother wildlife, but at the fairgounds ..... not so much.

Are there showers on site? Yes, there are showers and restrooms at the facility for attendee use.

For the seminar schedule, just click here!

Right,  all I can find on the website is  the 2017 schedule.  And some broken links.

I went to "Life on Wheels" in 2006 -- and the restrooms/showers were on the other side of the unversity campus (in Idaho) from the boondocking area., in the gym.  So just wondering about layout ....

EDITED to add:  the link to the 2018 schedule seems to work:  https://www.escapees.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Seminar-Schedule-2018.pdf

28 minutes ago, SWharton said:

It is still not updated on the Escapees site. I just checked..

You are wrong. 

https://www.escapees.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Seminar-Schedule-2018.pdf

28 minutes ago, SWharton said:

This gives the Escapees a black eye. Someone needs to have a checklist (big believer in lists)of what needs to be updated.

Its the little things that count.

Since the members of the staff are nearly all unpaid volunteers with only the directors paid, perhaps you need to get involved and change things? I know that Jean and Duane Mathes would be pleased to have someone join up with your expertise and work on things for us. We already have volunteers who come in as much as two weeks before an Escapade to work fulltime on getting things ready and all of the key staff are on site a week ahead but we can always use more good volunteers as there is plenty of work to do. 

11:30 AM – 12:30 PM SEDALIA’S INFAMOUS RED-LIGHT DISTRICT OF THE 1880’S • MATHEWSON CENTER Dr. Rhonda Chalfant, Sedalia featured speaker Discover how Sedalia’s working women, or “soiled doves,” were business women, influencing city politics and income from the red-lightdistrict.

I would gladly volunteer if I was around. When I am at Escapade I have always tried to volunteer and rarely are there any volunteer positions open so I have stopped trying.

My problem is that the schedule has apparently been posted but not in the location noted on the link to the Escapade. To me, this is the only place it should be posted, not in some hidden location.

There was nothing about a posting on the forum thread either.

The forum is a main means of communication and if they want attendees should be up to date. The last post in "Road to Escapade" was in March.................

3 minutes ago, SWharton said:

I would gladly volunteer if I was around. When I am at Escapade I have always tried to volunteer and rarely are there any volunteer positions open so I have stopped trying.

The hospitality table has many positions for those who wish to help for a few hours every Escapade. We depend on those folks for many of the shorter time jobs and would be hard-pressed to have the event that we do without them. For positions on the greater staff, you need to let someone know ahead of time since all staff is chosen and involved months before the Escapade. For 2018 , I began to work on my position last October and my assistants were lined up by January. If you plan to attend Sedalia, let me know as I can put you to work. Most of the staff positions are filled by people who sign up at the prior Escapade or who give their email address to a member of the staff each year. There are some key people like Lew Schnider who put in very long hours every year and who have done so for many years with no pay and all travel at their own expense. Staff members still pay to attend the Escapade. If you are serious, just share your email with one of us and we sure can put you on the list for Tucson in 2019 or sign up to help at the hospitality table this year. If you send me a PM and let me know how to get in contact with you I will happily make sure that you get your chance to fix the things that we do wrong. ☺️

Archived