I need a new radio.

My old Pioneer just isn't doing the job anymore. It's a double din cassette,cd,am/fm. I have a lot of books that are aiff format. i can convert to MP3 but it won't play them either. It's also getting so it don't want to spit out a cd. It did serve me faithfully for over a million miles in the semi. I can still use it to convert all of those cassette tapes to MP3.

I want something that has a USB port on the front so I can load books onto a stick and just plug it in. I also want a aux jack at least on the front, one on the back would be nice too, to plug in my XM receiver. Is there anything that will play aiff files without a conversion? Something with front and rear speakers so I can use the speakers outside that are built into my awning arms.

Single din is fine. I'm not looking to build the worlds finest audio system and don't want to spend much. Something under $100. Pioneer tends to play book chapters in the wrong order. You have to run them through another process which just tends to add more time at the computer. Don't know about other brands.

Any suggestions?

My bus build http:/somewhereinusa.x10.mx

Whatever you choose, don't buy one of these: Pioneer FH-X731BT.  It does all you need but is painful to use.   I made a bad choice last year.   Although it was easy to put music on a USB stick and play it.  Audio books can be interesting to use as losing your place in an audio-book is less than fun.  I prefer have them on my phone and use an audio-book app like Mort to play them via Bluetooth thru the radio.    Mort Audiobook player   And its free!   

BTW, Crutchfield specified that model for my coach.  But I bought it locally in Tucson including installation  so I could have Bluetooth for the ride home after purchasing our coach.. 

-Bill

2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP
Freightliner XCR, 400 hp Cummins
Toad 2014 Chevy Equinox (DWM)
Blog: http://cowlesmountain.com/Travels/

S&B San Diego

Archived