New Galaxy S9 and S9 plus CNET sweeps

RV_

I can't afford to upgrade my phones every two years because I buy them outright. But I have been looking at the New Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus and am impressed but am never paying that much for a phone and do not want payments. I found this and entered and thought others might want to as well. I get no money or anything other than my own entries.

Excerpt:

"There's no better upgrade than a free upgrade, right? We want to make that happen for two lucky readers. Samsung announced its new flagships phones at Mobile World Congress, so it's the perfect time for a giveaway!

Our editors gave the Galaxy S9 a rating of 8.5. Our favorite features are a gorgeous 5.8-inch screen, a dual-curved design and a terrific camera for well-lit shots that can't go wrong. Whiplash-fast speeds, strong battery life, wireless charging and water-resistance don't hurt either."

Go here and enter: https://sdqk.me/Y2Xp1IXM-fOsnVY7Wz/samsung-galaxy-s9-sweepstakes

CNET is my top tech email daily and they are pretty straight up and won't spam you anything unless you sign up for their free newsletters. I like the reviews too when I am shopping. Good luck.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

The prices on New Phones is out of this world. for past 6 yrs or so i find it best atleast to skip a model yr. . i have the S7 but with the price tag on 9 i may skip again.  My wallet looks so good with green in it. 

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

Lou,

Always a pleasure to hear from you , critical or not.  You exposed my pyramid scheme to multiply my cut of nothing exponentially so I will be at the top with more nothing in my pocket than anyone else.

It'd be great if one of us got a free phone but Caveat Emptor is always a good policy, I agree with you there.

Have a great weekend Lou.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Some time ago I bought the Essential PH1 with 360 degree camera for under $500.  You can find them cheaper if you look.  It works on all major networks (except Google Fi, but then, only Google phones do).  A great deal, the solid titanium body is durable and nice to hold.  The screen is Gorilla glass and has a great image.  It is regularly updated, I’m now on Android 8.1.  It comes with 128G memory, and runs all the Android apps.  

So I have been happy with this phone and am able to pass on all the high priced new ones and still am competitive with features.  I don’t own stock or have any interest in Essential, just a happy user.

== John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

John,

I am also happy with my current phone, a 2016 Moto Z Play with the big two full day battery. They already have a Moto Z PLay 2 with a slightly smaller battery. Motorola has only updated us to 7.1.1 Here's mine: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/moto-z-play-droid/?cmp=KNC-C-HQ-NON-R-AC-NONE-NONE-2K0PX0-PX-BIN-71700000010366735&cvosrc=ppc.bing.moto z play&cvo_campaign=42577783&cvo_crid=77378132003041&Matchtype=e&msclkid=e4c1aa68b4b212df588cf0de1c6ea5bd&gclid=CKHSk9HahdoCFcKUxQId5g8LKA&gclsrc=ds

We also have several of the magnetically attached mods: The battery pack Mod that itself wirelessly charges when off the phone or on. I have the JBL speaker mod, and the Projector Mod too that is surprisingly good for up to 50."

I uxse an easy on/off clear skin case with bumper edges but to use the mods requires I remove the case. I have an edge bumper only case, with no back covering the contacts on the back of the phone to use mods. I think that we will stay with our MOto Z Play original model because of the super-fast charging, 80% or better from empty in 10 minutes. The Moto Z line has one model under mine and one above it, the Moto Z force 2. Ours were freebies from Verizon for switching back. It was a special Black Friday 2016 deal.

They are thin and glass front and rear, so slippery without a case.

I was just hoping one of us could win the free phone bu apparently not. Oh well.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 8:09 AM, Pieere said:

TY again but ill also pass on the phone and the sweeps! My old Kyocera Hydroview does what i want it to do and the built in Hotspot feature is a plus!

Just replaced my old 4 gb memory Hydroview with a Coolpad Canvas 16 gb memory with 1.4 GHZ with a 5.5" phone and protective case for $62.00 Tax included, got to keep the 10 gb Hotspot feature and unlimited phone data! 😁😄

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

For years I was on the IT Tech Approval group for a fortune 100 company. Phones & plans provided to employees by the company, was one of the items we took the most 'input' on. In those days, Blackberry's were the Status Symbol of upwardly mobile executives, or executives wannabe's. While the masses in the company still had pager's (Remember them?), boy these people were important! Stopping meetings to 'check an email'....

I digress.

Due to the multiple states with facilities, we had plans and phones from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. We typically would opt for Motorola's, because our hands on results with about 30K phones spread across the nation, and the world (Different plans and phones for multiple countries....) - found that Motorola's typically would have better reception (Combo of antenna and chipsets used.) then other phones. Nokia and Erikson were about a tie, but we'd often hear reports from unhappy executives that at the same meeting/conference, that those with Motorola's would have better phone reception then those with Nokia and Erikson, on same carrier. 

I used Motorola for many, many years. Still feel they're a good phone. But, the playing field added iPhones and Samsung's to mention the top two - and those were game changers. 

When my Razr M battery bulged, I elected to try a Samsung. I usually buy my wife (ATT iPhone) and my Verizon (Now Samsung) the one level back latest and greatest. As we too buy out of pocket. We then hang onto the phones, adding Mophi's Batter Packs after the second year, for about 3-4 years. Before we start over again. 

My Samsung S6, is next to be replaced. And will do so in the next few months. I may elect on this one, to go with the S7, because the S8 was more like an '7' upgrade then all knew. And can save some coin by doing so. Still early in the analysis phase. We do use my Verizon's GF Unlimited Data Plan via Hotspot, very often. So, Data handling, is more important to me then Voice is. (DW's iPhone still has Hotspot Capability, but we use Unite Explore and Mobley for ATT Data feeding, more so then her iPhone.)

So RV, when you get that free S9, I'll give you $20 for it - and that, is $20 profit, tax free to you!!!

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

• 4 weeks later...

Smitty,

Great post and info. Way better than one or two data points, along with experiential management of that large number of data points.

Thanks!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived