New Registration By Mail

geo-gypsy

I guess I am just not looking in the correct place.  I know one can register a new fifth wheel by mail in Texas.  However, I cannot find the information saying which forms are required and what the registration fee is.  I was told the registration fee is based on price, and I have also seen that the registration fee is based on weight.  Which is correct?  Through "Search", I found a great write-up about Class A Non-CDL, but nothing about how to register a new RV by mail.  It would be such a help if there was a write-up on "Here's How To Do That".

We are close to accepting our New Horizons Majestic from the factory in Junction City, KS.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ron

Ron & Maureen, and three rescue Chihuahuas

2013 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSB3 with vanity slide

I guess I should also add . . .  I called the Polk County Tax Assessor office.  A very nice lady handled my call.  I ask her about RV registration by mail.  She asked me if I was an member of the Escapees.  Of course I said, "Yes."  She told me that the Escapees had a page on their website that had all the explanations and forms needed.  I thanked her and logged on to the Escapees website.  After quite a search, either I am missing this webpage or just don't recognize it.  

So, again, I would appreciate any and all help offered.

Regards,

Ron

Linda - 

Thank you very much!  Wow, that is exactly what I was hoping to find!  I just never thought about looking under "Mail Service / Forms and Booklets"!  :D  

Ron

You'll find out that the Escapees web site is not easy to navigate. :(  Even as a long-time member I still have trouble finding things and always wondered how many new folks just give up - on the site and/or on the Club itself.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I got this email the other day. I'm curious as I have no trouble navigating the way it is now, but the veins come out on my neck with new or "remodeled sites"

Upcoming Website Maintenance 

Beginning March 20, our websites escapees.com and xscapers.com will be offline due to updates as we prepare for a big reveal.

That’s right! We are proud to launch a new escapees.com and xscapers.com. Informed by your comments and suggestions, these new sites are cleaner, clearer, and ready to keep us connected as you bounce down the trail. 

• 2 weeks later...

Linda - 

I did print off the forms and am very glad I did!  I just looked at the new website . . . Cannot find this registration information anywhere!  The "new and improved" isn't helping.  I'm still looking,  but if anyone knows where his is, please let me know so I can share it with someone else!

Thanks,

Ron

3 hours ago, geo-gypsy said:

I did print off the forms and am very glad I did!  I just looked at the new website . . . Cannot find this registration information anywhere!  The "new and improved" isn't helping.  I'm still looking,  but if anyone knows where his is, please let me know so I can share it with someone else!

See if this provides you with the forms you want:

When on the Escapees main website, hover over "Education" (at the top of the page) and, in the drop-down menu, click on "Domicile." 

Under "Choosing Your State," click on the state you're interested in (in this case, Texas).  Under "Becoming a Resident," click on Step 3 and then go down to "Vehicle Registration Requirements" where you'll see a link to the Texas DMV which will take you to a list of different forms.  See if any of these forms are what you are looking for.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Linda - 

This is what I wrote to "Thom" the Escapees Webmaster for his suggestion:

"No, you are wrong.  I have been a resident of Texas for 34 years.  I do not have to become a Texas resident.  I do not have to register my present vehicles in Texas - these vehicles are already registered and titled in Texas!  We are purchasing a new Fifth Wheel from New Horizons and would like to TT&L it by mail.  This has nothing to do with becoming a Texas resident.  

The information I want WAS located in the  
https://www.escapees.com/support/mail-service/forms-and-booklets 
webpage.  Unfortunately, you have missed the point.  We are longtime residents of Texas who started fulltiming and have a long residence of Texas.  However, we are wanting to purchase a new fifth wheel, a custom-built fifth wheel from New Horizons.  There was formerly a webpage under the above URL that gave an excellent discussion on how to register a new RV as a Texas domicile residence, and now under the new "Website", it is gone.  I would encourage you to recover this document and put it in the Support section of the new website.  I did print a copy of this webpage, so if you need to know what it "provided", I can scan it and send it to you to help. "

Your original information was spot on!  And you were EXTREMELY helpful.  It appears that the Escapees in the Website reorganization has eliminated the information for registering a NEW RV in Texas.  What is left is the information if you want to "Become Texan".  Other posters have addressed this.  Ugh!

Just my two cents,
Ron

I have made a pdf file from what I printed off from the old Escapees website.  This is the information one needs to register and title a new fifth wheel or travel trailer in the State of Texas whether you are in state or out of state (by mail).  Note, one must first be a resident (domicile) of Texas, this is not for "new arrivals".  Somehow this information was lost when the Escapees updated their website.  It is a 7.5 MB file, so it cannot be uploaded to the forum.  If anyone would like a copy of this, please let me know.  If anyone can host this file for future Escapees members to access, please let me know.  

Just my two cents,

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

I checked a couple of days ago and found the "New Website" now has a few new entries under Domicile/Texas/Vehicle Registration.  Under that topic, there is a "Fifth Wheel and Trailer Registration" link.  The link leads to the forms I printed off from the old website that I scanned and sent back to the Webmaster!  I had to chuckle, I know they are mine because I got a couple of the pages a little crooked!  The information is back on the Escapees website and can probably be found by anyone needing the information!

Just my two cents,

Ron

Archived