Awning Cleaning

FTRV

Two years ago I discovered one of the fastest ways to clean the white bottom side of my awning. It takes real arm and shoulder strength but if you buy a Mr. Clean magic eraser mop and use your water hose to rinse off the awning you can mop your way back to a 100% white awning. The smaller hand held Mr. Clean Magic Erasers do a great job on the corners and edges. Be prepared to get totally soaking wet. Pick a hot day and cool down while restoring your awning to like new looking!

These mops also work well for applying 303 Areo spray to your roof after you clean it with Spic-Span.

Steven Shafer

I washed mine last week. I wet then sprayed that Purple Power or whatever its called sold at Autozone and Wal Mart in gallon jugs (or 32 oz spray) and then regular car wash and my big RV brush and it came clean n white with no hard work or scrubbing or elbow grease yayyyyyyyyy

Thanks for the tip.

John T

bee..... what do u use on the outgas film on the inside of vehicles.  It is not cig smoke as to my knowledge there has never been any smoking in the truck.   I know I used something on my previous truck but for the life of me I can't remember what I used.

4 hours ago, bigjim said:

bee..... what do u use on the outgas film on the inside of vehicles.  It is not cig smoke as to my knowledge there has never been any smoking in the truck.   I know I used something on my previous truck but for the life of me I can't remember what I used.

Never ran into that problem. Sound almost like a moisture problem. Vinigar and water or maybe add a little baking soda to mix. Just guessing. 

the plastics on a lot of foreign vehicles will out gas and some will put a film on the inside of the windshield.

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

9 hours ago, Ed ke6bnl said:

the plastics on a lot of foreign vehicles will out gas and some will put a film on the inside of the windshield.

Oh, it is not just foreign vehicles. I used to have the problem on my truck until I put in a UV/IR blocking window film. High altitude and the sunlight that goes with that will affect all plastics to one degree or another.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived