State Farm and riders

FTRV

After reading and hearing so of the insurance horror stories, I am thinking about staying with my trusted State Farm Insurance for my truck and RV and adding a rider policy for my more expensive personal items? Share your thoughts and recommendations.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up!

Steven Shafer

It greatly depends on the agent.  You need to be mentally organized with a list of "what if" questions and the agent should be able to provide direct answers.

I totalled my first camper - State Farm took very good care of me.  Insurance covered a "like kind" replacement - in other words, the used value.  I took a their check and bought a newer and different brand camper.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

5 hours ago, whj469 said:

If an RV is financed and you don't have replacement cost and it was totaled and you received used value you could owe more then they will give you. I know someone that this happened to.

Good Luck

This is an important consideration when financing any vehicle.  
We paid off our truck when our estimated depreciated value declined to more than what we owed on it.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

I just shopped for insurance. My renewal date is April 1st. I am a full timer. State Farm told me they would not insure my RV unless I had a homeowners policy with them. They said the personal liability portion of their fultimers RV policy was part of their home owners policy. That’s crazy. If I am a full timer I don’t have a home to have home owners insurance so how can they say they have full timers RV insurance?

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Archived