Dish EA or WA. Or both.

I did some forum searching but didn't find much useful info on the limits of EA vs WA.  Virtually all the threads just mentioned LNBs for both arcs.  Is that really needed or can one LNB be used for good HD in the vast majority of the country?  Read one post about the WA working well everywhere except in New England, but I'm not going north of the Mason Dixon again if I can help it.

I have both mainly because if your in a location where one will not work due to trees, mountains obstruction then the other usually will. 

Also for me to receive my loacal stations in HD I have to use the EA.  Of course I still have to be within the spot beam area to receive local.s

I think there are some limits to the WA LNB the further north and eat you may go. 

Jim

If you always spend your time out West, then no need for EA. However, it can be very handy to have access to both arcs as the further East you go, the lower the elevation for WA, but the higher for EA. For example, in Richmond, VA the Western Arc sats (110, 119, 129) are at about 29 degrees elevation while the Eastern Arc sats (61.5, 72.7, 77) are at about 46 degrees.

Higher is better as it can allow you to "shoot" over trees, buildings, etc.

dish-tv-station-markets_9-12-17.jpg

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

We've used our EA LNB in AZ to get a signal past a building, and our WA in a number of east coast locations such as the Roanoke, VA area where the local stations are only on the WA. Having both LNB's is one reason we've never been shut out to date from having reception at every park where we've set up our dish, regardless of the tree cover at our site. And we almost never choose sites just for the satellite view.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We like using PTAT and to have PTAT, you need the HD Locals for the Service Address you are at.  In the East, many locations use the EA for HD Locals.  You can get SD Locals from the WA but PTAT will not work with SD channels unless there is no other options.

Therefore we use out Winegard Trav'ler for the WA as much as we can.  We setup the ground tripod with a WA LNBF if that is we want the WA if there is tree interference. 

If we want the EA, we setup the tripod with an EA LNBF.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived