Exhaust Leak Flex Line Under Right Seat

Cotreker

Any easy patch method to fix the exhaust section under the passenger seat.  The replacement of this two foot section of kind of flex pipe does not look too bad.  Have not ordered the section yet and doing a trip in a few days.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

Get the replacement flex pipe. It is easy to replace and to cobble something together just delays the inevitable. The replacement flex pipe is stainless steel and for me has lasted a few years between replacements. 

Kent

2003 Volvo VLN630
2016 38 RS3 Mobile Suite
2010 Smart behind the cab

FullSizeRender_zpsrtbccowj.jpg

I replaced mine two years ago because the original cracked and was allowing exhaust fumes into the cab.  They are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace.  If yours is cracked, the best thing to do is put a new one in.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Any truck shop will have it.  It's available in either steel or stainless.  Just measure the length and they will will cut it for you.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Thanks all I called NAPA first thing this a.m. and they had to sell me 10' (ten feet) and so far I have used 18".  After a bit of work and a few tools I removed the old flex and as of 9:45 p.m. I have the new flex installed.  Tomorrow evening I will put the clamps on and connect other items I had to remove.  Getting the new flex to go onto the far side (motor side) was a small challenge.  Once it went on 3" I headed for a cold brew!

Who needs a section of 18" flex I will have a few 4 or 5 sections for good pricing.  Fire sale $18.00 each plus shipping.  My flex lasted 9 or 10 years; I would guess this is a common service item.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

Last evening I connected the two new clamps and cleaned everything up including self and cloths; the hot tub was great.  Not a bad job if you could reach everything not the case with this Volvo.  Putting a "C" clamp on the clamps in order to get the bolts on is a great trick.  I did not figure this out until clamp #2.  Nice not to have the exhaust hiss noise now with she runs.

This concludes this project and now ready for a road trip.

Dennis

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

I might be interested in a piece of it. I would order mine through napa as well, so probably have the same issue. Let me measure the size and I will let you know. Which direction are you heading for your road trip?

Chris & Tonya

'99 Freightliner FLD120, '01 Wabash Toyhauler (32' garage, 20' LQ)

27b.jpg.d0423223324307d7b8525a90ffe5746e.jpg

The exhaust was a good fix for noise reduction, smell and just needed to be done.  Maveric if you need a section of this I will deliver this week.  Made a 4 day trip up to the Grand Mesa outside of Grand Junction and yes they got lots of snow.  I am now in the market for a diesel fired block heater, temps got down to 4 degrees; had truck plugged into the Honda 3000 all night and it fired right up!

I will start a new thread on this new topic, pretty sure folks know lots about these.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

Cotreker,

I will measure tonight to make sure its the right size.

Are you planning on coming up this direction next week? I am headed to Moab Tuesday night for the week, so I could possibly meet you in that direction if that works better.

Chris & Tonya

I looked at mine last night. I think it is 5". I would need 25" to replace mine. Although it appears that my clamps are starting to rust through, but not the flex pipe. Probably should just replace the flex while I'm there.

What do you think shipping for that would run? 81625

Chris & Tonya

• 2 weeks later...

Archived