Instant Pot Recall

BigBus

The devices recalled aren't even pressure cookers.  They are essentially slow cookers/casseroles.

However, FWIW, I would speculate that Instant Pot (IP) might well be suffering from a more general problem with some of its temperature controls. Last September I replaced a failed IP pressure cooker with a new one.  Within a few weeks it was obvious that the new pot had a defective thermostat and couldn't properly operate as a slow cooker.  In January, after multiple emails and phone conversations IP shipped me replacement. 

Unfortunately, the thermostat on this pot failed in its first use as a slow cooker.  To my surprise IP shipped me a 2nd replacement unit without asking more than a few questions.  Made me think there was a bigger problem than just my failed pot.  I just unpacked the "2nd replacement" today and it tested out Ok both in pressure and slow cook modes.  When I get my courage up, I'll risk cooking a dinner in it! :lol:

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

1 hour ago, SWharton said:

Picture shows pressure cooker.......................

The picture/video at the top of the page is an ad and has nothing to do with the article. 

If you read the article and scroll down a bit, a picture of the Gem 65 8-in-1 multicooker is shown...this is the item that is the subject of the recall.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I believe Linda is correct. If you follow the recall link the top image is of instant pots pressure cooker. That isn't part of the article though. It's some type of review video for crockpot's branded "multi-cooker" and instand pots pressure cooker. However, the dude in the video refers to them both as a "multi-cooker" in the sense they are multi use pressure cookers.

Going to the actual recall article though it's clear that Linda is correct. The photo is of instant posts "branded" multi-cooker. The recall is on those specific types produced for wally's and NOT what most all know as the "Instant Pot" (pressure cooker and multi use device). 

Edited: AND... she just beat me to it.... :lol: Good on ya, Linda

Edited by Yarome

• 1 year later...