East Coast Rally Email- All Registrants

SuiteSuccess

I sent all registrants an email from our site eastcoasthdtrally.com concerning Gregg Shields retirement (and absence from the ECR)  and his gracious consent to allow the information that he was to present to still be presented.  I used the email addresses given from your registration forms and those addresses were not shared as in a group mailing but should have been individual mailings.  We are able to track the stats of that mailing and all were delivered but only 26% have been opened and read.  I am posting here in that the mailing may have shown up in your junk file or spam file.  If so it is a legitimate email and not spam and I encourage you to read it.  It should be titled from info@eastcoasthdtrally.com.   Thanks.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

36 minutes ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Well, for one I did not receive it.

Roger

Interesting, Roger, because you are showing as first on the list as receiving and having opened it according to our stats page on the website.  Showing March 3 at 4:18 pm as being opened.  Hmm, gonna try to send to just you again.  Let me know if you don’t get it.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

5 minutes ago, HERO Maker said:

Roger requires "special handling"!!!:P

Did you get the email?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

3 minutes ago, HERO Maker said:

I got the email.  Was I supposed to respond?

Nope.  Just wanted to make sure folks got it. 😊. Thanks Rocky.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I did not get the email.  I did see your posting of the change that you had on the forum.  I'll send a PM with my email address if you would like to resend.

Todd E.

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

1 minute ago, redcrzr said:

I did not get the email.  I did see your posting of the change that you had on the forum.  I'll send a PM with my email address if you would like to resend.

Todd E.

Todd,

I did the email prior to the thread about Gregg’s retirement but now it’s common knowledge so no need to resend.  Just wanted folks to know we will still be presenting the information Gregg was to present.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I just found mine buried in my g-mail spam folder.   It arrived on 3/1.  Easy to find once I used the e-mail address you sent it from in the search of the spam folder.  Surprisingly, it did not show up when I searched "All Mail" for the same e-mail address.

If you had not told me to look for it, I never would have seen it. I probably miss out on a lot of mail I would want this way. 

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

16 minutes ago, Jim Gell said:

I just found mine buried in my g-mail spam folder.   It arrived on 3/1.  Easy to find once I used the e-mail address you sent it from in the search of the spam folder.  Surprisingly, it did not show up when I searched "All Mail" for the same e-mail address.

If you had not told me to look for it, I never would have seen it. I probably miss out on a lot of mail I would want this way. 

Hi Jim,

We’ve missed you guys.  That’s what I thought might occur since it is from info@eastcoasthdtrally.com.  Anyway no earth shaking news just that announcement.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I checked my spam folder and regular inbox and not see any email either.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

3 minutes ago, mrchips said:

I don't remember seeing or getting one

Might check spam for address posted above.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

1 minute ago, Star Dreamer said:

I checked my spam folder and regular inbox and not see any email either.

Dave

Okay must be a problem with the website because it says it was sent to 66 registrants and our stats page confirmed it was sent.  I’ll just copy it into a post here.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Original email.

“Greetings  Folks,

I was just informed that Gregg Shields (RVH Lifestyles) is going to be unable to attend the ECR this year due to an unexpected scheduling conflict.  Gregg normally presents several seminars pertaining to the the search, purchase, conversion, and costs of an HDT.  He was gracious enough to provide those presentations to me and that infomation will still be presented albeit not by Gregg himself.  We have also added some actual hard data from a couple that chose to purchase an HDT (a new truck) and 5er and their actual costs involved for comparison.  We will also be presenting speakers who will talk about less expensive truck and bed options.  Gregg is a great presenter but I want you to know that the information will still be available for anyone looking to make decisions.

I am sending this email because I know several persons may be coming to the rally specifically to meet and hear Gregg and if you choose to withdraw from the rally please inform me either by replying to this email or to ecrcarl at gmail dot com so that I may issue a refund.  

Again, if you are looking to make a decision about an HDT, part-timing, or full timing, I think the ECR will provide you plenty of information and first hand experience so we look forward to seeing those that would like to attend.”

Carl

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

12 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Carl, don't worry about Roger, he probably read the email and has already forgotten it. I am used to it now, as I have the same problem, it's called OFMFS (Old Fart Memory Failure Syndrome)

Hi Carl,

I think I have the same disorder. You never know what you are going to get if you hang out with Roger. lol.

I don't remember that e-mail either. There is no mail from the ecr in my junk mail folder. I just wanted you to know about your e-mail that you sent out.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

7 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Carl,

I think I have the same disorder. You never know what you are going to get if you hang out with Roger. lol.

I don't remember that e-mail either. There is no mail from the ecr in my junk mail folder. I just wanted you to know about your e-mail that you sent out.

Al

Yeah, Al, don’t know what the problem was cause our site says they were all sent.  I’ll speak to my tech guru (David Dixon) and see if he can identify the issue.  Regardless I posted the email above for all to read.  Just want to be transparent when things unexpected change.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, If the majority of the people who did not receive the email are Gmail/Google users, you(David) can contact Gmail about getting "white listed".  I periodically have to do this for my companies myself.

Google is very aggressive about spam.  It is estimated by some industry gurus that spam make up approximately 75% of all eMail sent.  With the infrequency of you sending out blast eMails and not being white listed, Gmail assumed you were spam due to receiving multiple eMails with the same content basically simultaneously.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

3 hours ago, RickW said:

Carl, If the majority of the people who did not receive the email are Gmail/Google users, you(David) can contact Gmail about getting "white listed".  I periodically have to do this for my companies myself.

Google is very aggressive about spam.  It is estimated by some industry gurus that spam make up approximately 75% of all eMail sent.  With the infrequency of you sending out blast eMails and not being white listed, Gmail assumed you were spam due to receiving multiple eMails with the same content basically simultaneously.

Thanks Rick.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I got SOME email re Gregg Shields retirement and his NOT being at the ECR so, if THAT was the email you're referring to, I DID get it, opened it, read it and, deleted it. Whewwwww.

I expect to see you all at the ECR unless the closing on my house gets pushed up. By the end of May, I should be home-free!

Archived