Many RVers seem to choose an affectionate name for their motorhome, 5th-wheel, trailer, or van.  Have you done this?  If so, what kind of RV do you have, and what is it's name? :D

With the exception of 2, none of my rigs have had names. Years ago, and due to it's size, the kids named the class A "Mt. Wannahockaloogie', which was usually shortened to "the loogie". 

Yes. They DO think of themselves as "oh so clever". ;)

Edited by Yarome

Ours is name Figment II (our second motorhome) after the Disney World character Figment in the Land of the Imagination.   Fulltiming was always our "Figment of our Imaginaton" before we retired and made it come true.

My SIL had a vinyl cling made from this image and it is on our door window:

figment.jpg

Edited by Barbaraok

12 hours ago, Yarome said:

With the exception of 2, none of my rigs have had names. Years ago, and due to it's size, the kids named the class A "Mt. Wannahockaloogie', which was usually shortened to "the loogie". 

I nearly snorted coffee out my nose with laughter at this :lol: 

The boating community gives names to their boats & we did as well. The motorcycling community not so much, and the car community not at all. At this point we're still toying with the idea of naming as our first RV a few decades ago had the name Patches, though it wasn't displayed anywhere (it was a pop up tent camper that survived a curious bear incident) so it's an ongoing name game with little thought of commitment. 

30 minutes ago, rm.w/aview said:

That was my first reaction as well. I think they got it from some Disney movie of the day back when...

I call mine “Home” or “my tipi” or “my place”.  And then imagine the cartoon ? bubble non nomadic folk get trying to “process” and “categorize” :D.

At certain other times it is The R(epair) V(ehicle)....:huh:

We have had 6 of them 4 TT's and 2 5th wheels they all had the same name  "camper"...

14 hours ago, Yarome said:

1 hour ago, rm.w/aview said:

Actually, these are the two posts that get paired up ;)

My van was The Sand Castle, of course. The license plate said Castle. Only one person ever commented on it. He was tickled that I thought of my van as a castle. To me it was as it let me live in style wherever I went.

Linda Sand

50 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Why, it won't come when I call it.:D:P:D

:lol::D I don't care WHO ya are... that there's a good'n!

When I traded my Class C for the Fifth Wheel, there was talk that some of the family could stay in the Fifth Wheel when they came to stay. When that family arrived, the seven yr old Grandson says "There's the "5". Thus the name "5" has stuck. We have since traded FW's and no longer have the 5 on the door but often refer to the FW as the 5.

Clay

We have an Escape 19 (19' fiberglass trailer) named "Dora", after Dora the Explorer. Lots of owners name their Escape, other names include  "Escape Pod", "Past Tents", " SUNBIRDS EGSK8P ", "Suite Escape", "Grape Escape", "Peanut". I particularly like "Past Tents".

Hugh

I have a 25 ft Class C, and I call him Samotar. That is the Slovenian word for "Hermit". And the car is Zabe (ZHA-bay), the Slovenian word for "Toad".

Edited by eddie1261

The RV we drive(converted HDT) is named Arvey:rolleyes:.

The wife calls the whole rig with trailer in tow and Jeep on the deck "Little Red(The HDT) Riding(The Jeep) Hood(The TT)

The white truck is called Snow and the HitchHiker Champagne is called Bubbles.  Sometimes we do refer to the trailer as the COW...Condo On Wheels.

Ken

We named our Phoenix Cruiser "Fawkes" after Professor Dumbledore's Phoenix bird in the Harry Potter books.  Fawkes had the power to pick Harry and friends up and carry them away from danger or other unpleasant circumstances.  Our Fawkes does that for us when hitch itch gets unbearable.