Have You Named Your RV?

With the exception of 2, none of my rigs have had names. Years ago, and due to it's size, the kids named the class A "Mt. Wannahockaloogie', which was usually shortened to "the loogie". 

Yes. They DO think of themselves as "oh so clever". ;)

Ours is name Figment II (our second motorhome) after the Disney World character Figment in the Land of the Imagination.   Fulltiming was always our "Figment of our Imaginaton" before we retired and made it come true.

My SIL had a vinyl cling made from this image and it is on our door window:

figment.jpg

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I call mine “Home” or “my tipi” or “my place”.  And then imagine the cartoon ? bubble non nomadic folk get trying to “process” and “categorize” :D.

At certain other times it is The R(epair) V(ehicle)....:huh:

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

We have had 6 of them 4 TT's and 2 5th wheels they all had the same name  "camper"...

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

My van was The Sand Castle, of course. The license plate said Castle. Only one person ever commented on it. He was tickled that I thought of my van as a castle. To me it was as it let me live in style wherever I went.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

When I traded my Class C for the Fifth Wheel, there was talk that some of the family could stay in the Fifth Wheel when they came to stay. When that family arrived, the seven yr old Grandson says "There's the "5". Thus the name "5" has stuck. We have since traded FW's and no longer have the 5 on the door but often refer to the FW as the 5.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We have an Escape 19 (19' fiberglass trailer) named "Dora", after Dora the Explorer. Lots of owners name their Escape, other names include  "Escape Pod", "Past Tents", " SUNBIRDS EGSK8P ", "Suite Escape", "Grape Escape", "Peanut". I particularly like "Past Tents".

Hugh

The RV we drive(converted HDT) is named Arvey:rolleyes:.

The wife calls the whole rig with trailer in tow and Jeep on the deck "Little Red(The HDT) Riding(The Jeep) Hood(The TT)

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

The white truck is called Snow and the HitchHiker Champagne is called Bubbles.  Sometimes we do refer to the trailer as the COW...Condo On Wheels.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We named our Phoenix Cruiser "Fawkes" after Professor Dumbledore's Phoenix bird in the Harry Potter books.  Fawkes had the power to pick Harry and friends up and carry them away from danger or other unpleasant circumstances.  Our Fawkes does that for us when hitch itch gets unbearable.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

We started with Red Rover, a red Volvo VNL 770, Tige for the Travel Supreme trailer (you have to go back to '50's TV) and then Sparky for the toad.  When Red Rover went away, the replacement was a Bounder motorhome that we call Joey.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived