Fantastic Fan

OK  I need to know   DW is having a helluva time getting me up the ladder to clean the fan blades. So I was on top of the ladder pondering lifes problems and yes the fan was off. But does anybody have a clue how that blade is held on. It would be so much easier to pull the fan off and hand it to DW and let her clean it then she could hand it back to me. I cant quite decipher the end of the shaft, one more step up would help my bad eyes but this post is easier It doesnt feel like a hex head so is it possibly screwed on ? TIA

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Not sure what model you have, but typically, from the inside... the screen pops down for cleaning. The motor and blade assembly can then be dropped by removing the 4 perimeter screws around the circular plastic frame. As the whole motor/blade assembly unit drops there are 2 wire lead disconnects to the motor.

Makes it easy to clean top and bottom of the blades, give the motor a good blow out and oil the motor shaft (if so desired).

Re-reading.... it's easier to just drop the whole assembly, clean and remount it. To take off just the blades you almost have to drop the whole assembly anyway to gain access to the back/upper side of the blades and use an allen wrench to loosen the screw bolt that secures the blades to the shaft. Once it's out you can just wiggle the blades down off the shaft.

Oh yeah. If your unit has a rain sensor then there may be an additional wire that needs to be disconnected as well.

12 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

It's simple to just remove the screen and clean the blades. We never found a need to take the whole thing apart.

Agreed . I do the same . Because we have so little time for 'chores' . ;) LOL 

Goes around , comes around .

Archived