Of Community Interest....

Jack Mayer

Those of you that know me are aware that I'm a partner in a business (RVHLifestyles.com) that builds recreational RV haulers based on heavy duty trucks. This business was formed by myself, Marc Jones and Gregg Shields to address the needs of the RV community for heavy tow vehicles to tow the larger trailers that are now quite popular. We are based in Parsons, KS. I'm announcing the retirement of one of our partners, Gregg Shields. He and his wife Kerry are off on another adventure. The official announcement follows.

image.png.f7ade2dd9c056bf2c05c2a06ab141b58.png

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

15 hours ago, TheLongWayHome said:

Jack,

Your rvhlifestyles.com has a typo!

Fixed

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

14 minutes ago, Yarome said:

No changes appear. He was referring to "(RVHLifesyles.com)" and subsequent link in the first sentence that still reads "lifesyles" and links to "unknown website".

That is weird. I changed it and tested it, but it did not take at some point....I think it works now...

www.jackdanmayer.com

I'm glad that Gregg is taking time to be with his family and I wish him the best.  I never met Gregg, but I always looked forward to his excellent videos and found his expertise to be a valuable resource.   I always planned that one day I would have him build me a sweet bed for my HDT.  

At least RVHLifestyles will still be around.

Good luck Gregg.

Congrats Gregg !  You will be missed dearly !  It seems to be a rather sudden departure so I hope all is well with you and family !

Jack and Marc, social media is where the business is today and someone from RVH Lifestyles has to be doing videos and social media asap.  I speak from experience on that front since our business is 100% based on that.  What brought me to RVHaulers and RVH Lifestyles was youtube and facebook and I have not seen some new videos recently.

Sometimes the time comes for retirement even if you hadn't really planed for it. So Greg, Shirley and I wish you the best and we hope you and your family have a very rewarding retirement. Sure glad that we were able to meet you at the last 2 ECR's. As already been said you and your video's have really helped many RV'ers find what they really wanted. So take off into the sunset and enjoy retirement!!!   Pat

The Old Sailor

22 hours ago, Pug said:

Jack and Marc, social media is where the business is today and someone from RVH Lifestyles has to be doing videos and social media asap.  I speak from experience on that front since our business is 100% based on that.  What brought me to RVHaulers and RVH Lifestyles was youtube and facebook and I have not seen some new videos recently.

Pug, I totally agree, and we will be posting videos and continuing and expanding our social media presence. For customer update videos we may or may not make them public, depending on the situation. Also, Facebook and Instagram are the likely places you will see us, other than our website. Every time I post anything even mildly related to what we do here I get heavily criticised for "commercial" content. Even a link to an educational video tends to get reported to Admin by someone. (in fact, I was chastised for even having a link to our website in my signature) So I doubt you will see anything at all on this forum related to the business. And you never really did in the past, either. Of course, I'll continue to post here as I've done for the past 20 years....LONG before I was involved in this business. And I'm in the process of updating my personal website for additional educational content. 

www.jackdanmayer.com

2 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

Pug, I totally agree, and we will be posting videos and continuing and expanding our social media presence. For customer update videos we may or may not make them public, depending on the situation. Also, Facebook and Instagram are the likely places you will see us, other than our website. Every time I post anything even mildly related to what we do here I get heavily criticised for "commercial" content. Even a link to an educational video tends to get reported to Admin by someone. (in fact, I was chastised for even having a link to our website in my signature) So I doubt you will see anything at all on this forum related to the business. And you never really did in the past, either. Of course, I'll continue to post here as I've done for the past 20 years....LONG before I was involved in this business. And I'm in the process of updating my personal website for additional educational content. 

The admins need to use a little good old fashioned common sense.  While I supposed technically commercial, I would think that the vast majority of members here would welcome the sort of educational videos Jack has been making since (as he pointed out) LONG before it was a business.  Those same videos have been a great help to members over the years, and are from someone directly living the lifestyle.  There is a BIG difference between something like that and say an advertisement for Camping World or some such.  A few folks just need an excuse to hate somebody else.  Everybody chill. 

1 hour ago, Hot Rod said:

Those same videos have been a great help to members over the years, and are from someone directly living the lifestyle.  There is a BIG difference between something like that and say an advertisement for Camping World or some such.  A few folks just need an excuse to hate somebody else.  Everybody chill. 

It is not so much videos as general information and ANY mention of ANYTHING commercial that sets other members off. It only takes ONE PERSON to report you and cause issues. For example, I only MENTIONED  after I was asked about it that a DRV pinbox was available and I got 4 emails telling me I was violating commercial restrictions. Those were from members, not admin. I'll grant you some people have nothing else to do, but I try to be exceptionally careful on this forum. I've been here a lot of years (since 1998) - way before any HDT business - and always shared freely. But not any more, at least on anything we do....and since we do everything HDT related it means I really cannot share much on HDTs. Anyway, this is not really on-topic, so I'll leave it at that.

www.jackdanmayer.com

I for one would not have a HDT if not for Gregs  youtubes. I am not a tech guy like a lot of you but maybe can Jack start his own site just for HDT's?

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

4 hours ago, Dan Johnson said:

I for one would not have a HDT if not for Gregs  youtubes. I am not a tech guy like a lot of you but maybe can Jack start his own site just for HDT's?

That site already exists.  http://rvhlifestyles.com/

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Archived