Splendid WD2100XC - no power

Hi, I just bought my washer dryer a few weeks ago and have installed it. I did a couple of test loads before installing it to verify that everything was working, and after installing I started a small load with no detergent. How about 30 minutes into the cycle, it just stopped. There are no lights on the panel, and pressing the on-off button does nothing. I have confirmed that I am plugged into a socket that has power. Is there some kind of fuse, or breaker, in the washer set might have flipped that I can reset?

If it's installed correctly it should be on it's own GFCI circuit. Could be the GFCI tripped or the breaker in your power distribution panel. They can sometimes appear to not have been tripped, but are. Flip to the full "off" postion and then back on again.

If you are plugged into a standard house circuit and extension cord then depending on the guage and length of your cord, that could also be the issue. From the spec sheet it looks like it pulls around 11amps so there's not a "lot" of wiggle room on that type of power setup to begin with.... especially if other devices where on at the same time (ie., converter/charger, fan, etc.)... but a sustained high load will build heat over time and will increase the current resistance (less juice getting to your rig).

I would ensure you have at least a 30amp capacity going in to your rig and give it another go.

One last possibility is that it says it has "on-board self diagnostics", but it doesn't really detail exactly what it is testing for, what type of protection it may be providing to the unit internally or if it will just give you a flashing code of some type indicating a fault. It's "possible" the washer might have detected a low current situation and shut itself off. It may reset itself after a period of time with no user intervention, but I don't know if that's true or not or even if that washer is so equipped.

Check the breaker, GFCI, ensure 30amp current is available, shut off any other potentially high 120v loads at the power distribution panel (WH, converter/charger, refer... if on electric, etc.), then try again.  If "that" don't work then I would be calling Splendide technical support. 

BTW - Welcome!

Additional Note: A cursory search didn't find any error code definitions, but if your unit "is" going in to diagnostic mode it looks like the door lock LED will flash repeatedly as well as additional lights. Make note of which other light/s is/are flashing.

Unplug the unit for at least 40 seconds to clear the error code. Plug it back in. If it returns to it's diagnotic mode then it's a persistent issue and they recommend calling into technical support to identify the error.

.... that's all I got. ;)

Archived