Video TR: Silverton, Colorado

Grand Adventure

Silverton is by far our favorite Colorado destination that we've visited thus far:

It's a quaint, lovingly restored former mining community deep in Colorado's rugged San Juan Mountains. Here you'll find a less spoiled Colorado, where the town's welcoming Greene Street is surrounded by mining ruins, ghost towns and strikingly beautiful off-road driving. In this new Kitchen Table Trips video episode of Grand Adventure that finally debuted today we find relaxing boondocking while camped in the National Forest next to the bubbling waters of Mineral Creek, see the historic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, ride a mine train into a former gold mine deep in Galena Mountain on the Old Hundred Gold Mine Tour, and take a 4x4 excursion to the ghost town of Animas Forks at a lofty 11,200 feet.

Here's hoping this video inspires you to visit Silverton yourself. Personally, my wife and I can't wait to return. 

Marc Guido
Cottonwood Heights, UT
YouTube.com/GrandAdventure | GrandAdventure.tv
2016 Evo by Forest River T2050 (26')
2014 Toyota Tundra SR 4x4 Extended Cab long bed 5.7L V8

Nice overview of our favorite place!!  We've stayed at South Mineral Creek BLM near town quite a few times. If you get a chance be there for their awesome July 4 celebration - the best we've seen. The parade is fun, too.  It's a premier Jeep trail area with trails for all abilities. You can even drive to Telluride via a couple of these trails. Along the routes the meadows are filled with wildflowers of all colors.  We've also driven the Million Dollar Hwy (550) with our 40' motorhome towing the Jeep with no issues. We love those kinds of highways.  Thanks for bringing back great memories!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

6 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Nice overview of our favorite place!!  We've stayed at South Mineral Creek BLM near town quite a few times. If you get a chance be there for their awesome July 4 celebration - the best we've seen. The parade is fun, too.  It's a premier Jeep trail area with trails for all abilities. You can even drive to Telluride via a couple of these trails. Along the routes the meadows are filled with wildflowers of all colors.  We've also driven the Million Dollar Hwy (550) with our 40' motorhome towing the Jeep with no issues. We love those kinds of highways.  Thanks for bringing back great memories!

Thrilled that you enjoyed!

Marc Guido
Cottonwood Heights, UT
YouTube.com/GrandAdventure | GrandAdventure.tv
2016 Evo by Forest River T2050 (26')
2014 Toyota Tundra SR 4x4 Extended Cab long bed 5.7L V8

Archived