Connect Hopper3 to Mobley?

I have made several attempts to connect the Hopper3 to my Mobley with no success. I am normally connected to the Mobley by 2 phones and a laptop and have no problems doing so. When trying to connect the Hopper3 it goes through the motions using the Setup Wizard but gives message "router not detected". What am I doing wrong? The Hopper3 connects to campground Wifi but signal so weak can't use it for anything.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

This isn't really in my wheelhouse and I don't have any personal experience with a hopper3, however, if I were in that situation... I would confirm that my mobley settings are correct, the allowable connections has not been reduced (from the 5 allowable), are in fact available and that the "hide network" (or some such) option is not active. From there I would disconnect any other connected device, try a hard reset on the hopper (I think you press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds?) then try connecting again.

I don't know if it makes any difference or if there is some hopper specific quirk, however, just in general, I have run into issues before with some types of devices not being able to connect due to the type of security I had enabled on my router. I assume that the device didn't support the newer more secure protocols(?). At any rate... one thing I generally try in a situation like that is to turn off all security and try to connect in the open. If the device connects then I make the assumption that is is a security protocol issue and start playing around with the different protocol options. 

Nothing scientific about it and... like I said... this issue isn't really in my wheelhouse, but sometimes the "futz with it till it works" approach has worked for me.

Hopefully somone who actually knows what their talking about will respond shortly.

2 hours ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

Wow, 19 hours and 36 lookers and no one has anything to contribute?

Some of us have lives and only check in once a day or so.  We are not sitting around waiting to give free advice.  That said, Yarome gave good advice, so start with that. 

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

22 hours ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

Wow, 19 hours and 36 lookers and no one has anything to contribute?

How many of the 36 have a Hopper3?

I'm just doing my once a 24 hour check and hadn't seen your post yet.

Why not hard wire your Hopper from a router that is connected to the Mobley.
That is the way I connect my DirecTV Genie, Blue Ray player, Smart TV and laptop too my Mobley.
I use wireless Mobley to the Desktop, iPhone,  iPad and router.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Biker56 reminded me that Rogerk4rs turned me on to a $19 mini-router that works with the Mobley - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AL7P1FU/ .  Something like that will probably solve your problem and give you more range for the Mobiey wifi along with handling more than 5 connections.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I have been using one of these: Ubiquiti NanoStation M2 - Wireless Access Point - AirMax (NSM2US) to connect to my Mobley or a Park Wifi for that last year.   I connect that to one of these:  Ubiquiti airGateway-LR airMAX WISP 2.4 GHz Wireless Access Point for inside your RV

David Bott has a great tutorial for the shorter range models of these.  It works for these too. 

Gives me the firewall I need and also allows me to connect one device to a parks Wifi and never have to deal with all the tablets, phones and laptops WiFi settings again.

I also mounted one of these: Ubiquiti US-8-60W Unifi Switch in my entertainment cabinet so I could hard wire my DISH Solo HD Receiver (ViP 211z) , front windshield webcam, SageTV server INTEL NUC Kit Component - BOXNUC6CAYH and pull hard wires over to the living room TV / Nvidia NVIDIA SHIELD TV | Streaming Media Player with Remote and to the back bedroom TV..

-Bill 

2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP
Freightliner XCR, 400 hp Cummins
Toad 2014 Chevy Equinox (DWM)
Blog: http://cowlesmountain.com/Travels/

S&B San Diego

• 1 month later...

I get this error when a 6th device attempts to connect.  Check the wifi manager to see how many devices are attached.  Even if you have a unit turned off it may still have the device assigned.  Powering down the Mobley will release any assigned and turned off devices.

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

Archived