bubbles on ALPHA roof under the self leveling sealant.

Hey there RV'ers.  I am new to the forum and am looking for some advice on what is going on with my roof... I will keep it short, sweet and to the point.

Problem- I am getting bubbles after I applied the self leveling caulk on the newly installed Superflex alpha TPO roof membrane. ( using the provided blue tube Alpha superflex caulk )

I Bought the Alpha Superflex 35 foot TPO roof kit, with the 2 gallons of water based sealant, and 5 tubes of Aplha self leveler. 

what are your thoughts? is this normal? chemical reaction? improper installation?

thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 2.31.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 2.31.44 PM.png

Actually, some bubbling is quite normal if you look soon after it is applied. Assuming that the product you used was approved for EDPM materials it should nearly all go away after a few days time. I would give it a few days and then check again. It is nearly impossible to not have any bubbles after the curing is complete but you should have only a few small ones. The temperature could be a problem but the directions on the caulk tube should say what the safe use temperature range is. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yes the cold may have had something to do with it/ call the company that makes the caulking and also the roofing material. My guess would be that its too cold but I would be looking for answers to fix the mess. It may need to come off the soonest ? Or if not to late heat it up with blow dryer

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Archived