Is this an important thing to have?

dlbarr

2 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

I wish I could buy a bracket to mount the Watts regulator to a wall.  I do not have the facilities to fabricate one.  I current use a couple of conduit clamps but I would prefer something more secure. 

A couple of small 'L' brackets available at most hardware or home improvement stores should work. You might need to redrill or trim them to fit under the regulator screws.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

5 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

A couple of small 'L' brackets available at most hardware or home improvement stores should work. You might need to redrill or trim them to fit under the regulator screws.

Probably want screws a little longer so all the threads could be used . 

Goes around , comes around .

I scoped out L-brackets but the ideal would be two brackets, each on two of the housing screws.  But it may not be obvious, but the regulator body would intrude on a L-bracket between two housing screws.  This is where the ability to fabricate something would be handy because the L-brackets would actually have to be curved around the regulator body.

Just two L-brackets to the two housing screws closest to the wall would not be very secure to me.

The best idea I have some up with, but having acted upon because of the complexity, is to have two through-panel hose connections with the regulator suspended in between.

I was surprised in my research that none of the Watt regulators were designed to be mounted, only to be suspended between the plumbing in and out.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

2 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

I scoped out L-brackets but the ideal would be two brackets, each on two of the housing screws.  But it may not be obvious, but the regulator body would intrude on a L-bracket between two housing screws.  This is where the ability to fabricate something would be handy because the L-brackets would actually have to be curved around the regulator body.

Just two L-brackets to the two housing screws closest to the wall would not be very secure to me.

The best idea I have some up with, but having acted upon because of the complexity, is to have two through-panel hose connections with the regulator suspended in between.

I was surprised in my research that none of the Watt regulators were designed to be mounted, only to be suspended between the plumbing in and out.

Maybe you're not thinking heavy duty . That's why I suggested longer screws / bolts .

And , even if you curved the bracket around the body , the pivot/bend point is still the same . That makes 'secure level' the same .

Goes around , comes around .

Archived