Is this an important thing to have?

dlbarr

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7JZTYX/_encoding=UTF8?ref=exp_inf_pl_keepyourdaydream

I have been enjoying my new-to-me 2016 RL20 for the past 4 months. What I've been doing is what I'd call RVing-lite. Staying in my rig for 2-4 days/wk approx 2hrs away from home as I'm working in a remote location. The park I'm in has me in a spot where I have electrical hook-up only and I use the public facilities which are cetainly suitable. Have not hooked up water or anything like that - basically like staying in a dry cabin, so to speak.

In a couple months, I will move to a new location and will have full hook ups and am getting prepared for that. Do I need this regulator with a guage on it or is this one sufficient:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BZD08U/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IBZ2HOSVBBLX7&colid=39P6KDPR6S7QB&psc=0

Thank for your input.

1 hour ago, dlbarr said:

Do I need this regulator with a guage on it or is this one sufficient:

The one that you have is sufficient. You may find that it restricts your water volume such that shower pressure will be low, depending upon the size of the water passage through this regulator.  Regulators at the low end of the price scale usually have a small passage and while they do protect your RV, they also limit the amount of water for a shower where the larger regulators that are adjustable typically have a much larger volume capacity. If you do not find the flow limited for use of the shower or other water supplies, then the one you have will be fine. Most of us used that type for many years. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I like to fill my tank and run off the coach water pump tll levels get down and I fill it again. Years ago, sprung a leak on the hot water heater and it would have made a big mess if I hadn't noticed the fresh water pump running when I wasn't using water. If it had been shore water probably would not have even noticed it till I had flooded bays, and a big puddle under coach. I do have 115 gal fresh water tank and 55 psi, 5 gpm pump, so not much different from shore water pressure.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

I actually bought the Renator on Dec 20 (thanks Amazon for showing it me this info when I clicked on the link).  Been working great, and it is an improvement over the Camco non adjustable I had.  I don't have a high pressure issue, but I like to keep it on just in case my water pressure does spike.  What it do was improve the flow, so my shower is actually usable.  Was a worthwhile improvement.

RVWATERFILTERSTORE has two different levels of adjustable regulators. 

This unit is a solid built, and also if needed in the future (Hard Water can impact regulators.) rebuildable. 

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/F4004.htm

This one is less expensive, but is also of good quality.

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/F3004.htm

When it comes to filters, water purification, hoses - and most things water in side the RV - RVWATERFILTERSTORE is a one stop business for outstanding advice on different approaches to water quality and management within the RV. Yes, you can usually fine lower prices elsewhere, but with out the advice and expertise. Water quality safety is one area where it is nice to have experts to provided guidance and advice. So if I may end up paying a little more to allow these experts with friendly advice to remain in business - I'm willing to do so:)!

Best to you,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

9 hours ago, dartmouth01 said:

Been working great, and it is an improvement over the Camco non adjustable I had.  I don't have a high pressure issue, but I like to keep it on just in case my water pressure does spike.  What it do was improve the flow, so my shower is actually usable.  Was a worthwhile improvement.

You probably moved from the cheapest of pressure regulators to one of better quality and with that move, you also went from one of the old style regulators with only a 1/4" water passage to one with a 1/2" or greater water passage. Either one will protect you from excessive pressures but the small opening regulator is not capable of supplying enough water volume to avoid a pressure drop when water demand is high. Most of the adjustable regulators have at least a 1/2" opening and many have as much as 3/4" openings. The other advantage to the adjustable regulators is that nearly all of them can be disassembled and cleaned or rebuilt and if they have a gauge you can monitor the output pressure. 

When we were fulltime I used one of the adjustable, "whole house" type of pressure regulator but since going part-time and it needed replacing, I too use one of the higher volume, non-adjustable regulators. 

6 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

You probably moved from the cheapest of pressure regulators to one of better quality and with that move, you also went from one of the old style regulators with only a 1/4" water passage to one with a 1/2" or greater water passage. Either one will protect you from excessive pressures but the small opening regulator is not capable of supplying enough water volume to avoid a pressure drop when water demand is high. Most of the adjustable regulators have at least a 1/2" opening and many have as much as 3/4" openings. The other advantage to the adjustable regulators is that nearly all of them can be disassembled and cleaned or rebuilt and if they have a gauge you can monitor the output pressure. 

When we were fulltime I used one of the adjustable, "whole house" type of pressure regulator but since going part-time and it needed replacing, I too use one of the higher volume, non-adjustable regulators. 

The Renator one is adjustable in pressure.  I liked the price compared to a Watts or like, but I'm sure I'm leaving some water volume on the table.  

Generally speaking the non-adjustable ones from CW or Walmart you get for $15 or so are just water restrictors.  Over time they will keep slowing your pressure down even more.  I resisted buying a good adjustable regulator with gauge for years but once I finally did it was well worth the money.  Great water pressure in almost any CG.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

22 hours ago, Smitty77_7 said:

RVWATERFILTERSTORE has two different levels of adjustable regulators. 

This unit is a solid built, and also if needed in the future (Hard Water can impact regulators.) rebuildable. 

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/F4004.htm

This one is less expensive, but is also of good quality.

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/F3004.htm

When it comes to filters, water purification, hoses - and most things water in side the RV - RVWATERFILTERSTORE is a one stop business for outstanding advice on different approaches to water quality and management within the RV. Yes, you can usually fine lower prices elsewhere, but with out the advice and expertise. Water quality safety is one area where it is nice to have experts to provided guidance and advice. So if I may end up paying a little more to allow these experts with friendly advice to remain in business - I'm willing to do so:)!

Best to you,

Smitty

Agree with this 100%.We have been using the Rvwaterfilterstore for several years.They are usually   at major RV rallies. and some RV shows.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

It's interesting how identical the Renator regulator and the RVAqua regulator, also sold by Amazon, are. Looks like we could save a few bucks with the RVAqua...

VWe5PSnl.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Renator-M11-0660R-Regulator-Lead-free-Adjustable/dp/B01N7JZTYX/

08vouE2l.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/RVAQUA-M11-45PSI-Pressure-Regulator-Camper/dp/B07198GQPV/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I purchased a Watts adjustable regulator from the rvwaterfilterstore,com and was VERYdissapointed in their customer service. The regulator would not hold pressure and was defective. I called Rick and was told to ship it back to him for warranty repair but I had to pay the shipping. After he had it for a week he called me for my credit card so he could charge me for the shipping to return it to me. When I got it it still would not work. I shipped it back to him again on my dime. A week later he shipped it back to me  charging me for the shipping again. It still did not work so I requested a refund which he denied. So after paying shipping for the original order, shipping to return it to him, shipping to send it back to me and shipping to send it back to him and shipping to return it back to me it now sits in a box in the trash. I paid over $100 for the regulator and about $50 in back and forth shipping costs. I now use a Camco adjustable regulator I purchased for $45 that works great.  I will never do business again with the rvwaterfilterstore,com. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I have both, but i only use them when the water pressure is high.  Most parks will tell you if you need to use one.  Best to ask.  But its pretty simple to tell if the water is high pressure, just open the tap with nothing connected.  -Bill

2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP
Freightliner XCR, 400 hp Cummins
Toad 2014 Chevy Equinox (DWM)
Blog: http://cowlesmountain.com/Travels/

S&B San Diego

7 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

We use a regulator every time we hook up .

Most experienced RV owners that I know do the same. 

7 hours ago, bigbillsd said:

I have both, but i only use them when the water pressure is high. 

Mind telling us why you don't use yours all of the time? And also how to judge the water pressure by looking at it? 

We use a Watts full house regulator and install it in the RV and use 200 psi hoses that withstand high pressure from the water bib to the RV.  We don't have to think whether a regulator is needed.  The high pressure hoses available from RV Water Filter Store and from Kwik Link and last a longtime.  We have the first one we bought 12 years ago still in use.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

We checked into a park last year, and I heard the young lady tell the folks ahead of us that the park water pressure was "real good". While I was hooking up at our site, a neighbor came over and mentioned that it was good I had used a pressure regulator ( I always do), because the park pressure holds at about 50 psi during the day, but can spike up to 90 psi at night when the town refills the water storage tank behind the park. I've never been in a park where using the regulator caused a pressure problem, but I've sure been in some where not using one could have been problematic...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I went with the cheaper Watts version https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/F3001.htm

I already had a gauge and stainless hardware sitting around the shop at home. I wanted the high flow rate. You can pick up a gauge on eBay or AMZN cheap and ss screws at the hrdwr store cheap. I was saving scratch for some of the more expensive "stuff" we had to collect for the new 5r.

watt-gauge.jpg

1st Time RVer 2018 Montana 3791RD, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW

I wish I could buy a bracket to mount the Watts regulator to a wall.  I do not have the facilities to fabricate one.  I current use a couple of conduit clamps but I would prefer something more secure. 

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

15 minutes ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

I wish I could buy a bracket to mount the Watts regulator to a wall.  I do not have the facilities to fabricate one.  I current use a couple of conduit clamps but I would prefer something more secure. 

Post a pic of your setup , please . It might spur an idea  . 

Goes around , comes around .

On 2/24/2018 at 3:01 PM, Kirk Wood said:

Regulators at the low end of the price scale usually have a small passage and while they do protect your RV, they also limit the amount of water for a shower where the larger regulators that are adjustable typically have a much larger volume capacity.

I found just the opposite.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

1 hour ago, Pat & Pete said:

Post a pic of your setup , please . It might spur an idea  . 

Water Filter, the last photo.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

Archived