Fan clutch solenoid

Wrknrvr

Usually the solenoid is used to release the fan clutch.  The default off is fan engaged.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

This is more info that may help someone. Searching for a fan clutch selinoid did not produce very good results.

But once I found the name Horton and put that in front of said subject, lots of info came up on the net.

My part is a Kysor 1056-08287-03. Now that is my part number. It may not be yours.

Now when I unplugged the wiring to the seliniod the fault went inactive on the dash readout. The problem is that when the seliniod is not passing air to the clutch then the clutch runs all the time. So fuel mileage was down and a little more noise in the cab.The seliniod quit on our way south last fall during a not so fun trip so I just now got to it . 

Now if you would pay attention to temperature control , you could bypass the seliniod and just put air direct to the clutch that is until proper parts are installed.

Now since I do RV repair, my mind did think of installing a gas valve from a refrigerator for  for a temporary fix. But I did not know if the gas valve would affect the controlling system.

I will leave changing things on my jeep to questionable practices .

Safe Travels,.   Vern

• Phil D changed the title to Fan clutch solenoid

I installed the new seliniod. Started the truck to leave the air build up so the fan would release from the clutch.

When the air built up pressure the clutch released as it should. Then I checked for faults on the engine,.   No faults.

Safe travels,.   Vern

Archived