I am a General Contractor in  So Cal and in my "spare time" been remodeling our Newmar Kountry Aire.  Using wainscotting and gloss white for some opportunity to open it up.  The cabinets are dark and so the white will contract it.  Not intending to paint the cabinets but considering some Southwestern fabrics and decor to bring it into the area we live in.

Its a personal thing till you want to sell it.

On 7/8/2018 at 10:30 PM, rpsinc said:

I am a General Contractor in  So Cal and in my "spare time" been remodeling our Newmar Kountry Aire.  Using wainscotting and gloss white for some opportunity to open it up.  The cabinets are dark and so the white will contract it.  Not intending to paint the cabinets but considering some Southwestern fabrics and decor to bring it into the area we live in.

Its a personal thing till you want to sell it.

Southwestern would have a lot more of a woody look to it wouldn't you think?  My bus I am doing a southwestern theme and have been using the cedar wood v-blanking to give it a nice feel.  I am working on getting an authentic bulls head with paintings by the Seminole Indian tribe.

Well, where I live we see much Southwestern themed decorating.  I really is all about interpretation.  We intend on making it how we like it not necessarily what some other influences might THINK it should look like.

I have really gravitated to the adobe and tile look with whitewash accents, using SW fabrics to bring in color and patterns.

Kinda surprised this hadn't sold yet. Just curious, what was the motivation for changing the look? Was the wood damaged or otherwise in need of refinishing, or was it just a preference for the white look? I'm sure this took a LOT of work.. Jay

It wasn't damaged.  I actually have some pictures of it before we changed it.  We just didn't like the typical rv look it had with beige carpet and wood tones.  We were going to live in it so we went all out haha. It definitely took some time to complete.