Dish set up issue

I'm trying to get my satellite receiver set up after it has been sitting a few months. I aimed the antenna and did a check switch. It is now stuck with an error message which states " Please wait while your network table is updated". Anyone know what this is?  The receiver is a Dish VIP 211K and  it is a Dish 500 antenna dual LNB. I was using a tailgator with it but I don't have that anymore. I have allot of experience setting this antenna up aiming etc with my VIP 722K so I think I'm good with the aiming. Not sure that the 211K is compatible with the Dish 500 antenna but I think it is since the receiver works with my old roof mounted King Dome single satellite receiver from 2005. Trouble with that is it will only get one satellite at a time.

Garry
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500

If the box has not been on the network (connected to the satellite) in a while, it will often need to be reinitialized by Dish.  A simple call or chat with Dish with the receiver serial number (from the info splash screen) will allow then to reinitialize it on the network.  I used to have to do this fairly regularly when I would let my trailer sit too long without hooking up the satellite dish.  The receivers also receive updates periodically when connected to the satellite that need to be downloaded.  If your box is not downloading properly it is probably because it needs to be reinitialized.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

58 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

If the box has not been on the network (connected to the satellite) in a while, it will often need to be reinitialized by Dish.  A simple call or chat with Dish with the receiver serial number (from the info splash screen) will allow then to reinitialize it on the network.  I used to have to do this fairly regularly when I would let my trailer sit too long without hooking up the satellite dish.  The receivers also receive updates periodically when connected to the satellite that need to be downloaded.  If your box is not downloading properly it is probably because it needs to be reinitialized.

You can now do this online on MyDish.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

19 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

If the box has not been on the network (connected to the satellite) in a while, it will often need to be reinitialized by Dish.  A simple call or chat with Dish with the receiver serial number (from the info splash screen) will allow then to reinitialize it on the network. 

I found out quite by accident a couple of years ago that a call to Dish is not necessary to reinitialize a receiver that's been sitting idle (not connected to the satellites) for a few months.  All that is required is to plug it back into power, connect it to the satellite, and let it sit. 

We did just that last spring when we returned home...plugged the receiver back into power when we returned home late morning/early afternoon, and by evening when we were ready to watch TV, it was ready to go.

Of course, if you don't have the time to let the receiver do its own thing, then a call to Dish would be required.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Thanks to all who replied. The problem was that I connected the cable to the LNB In terminal instead of either  Terminal #1 or #2 on the other side of the LNB. I got spoiled by the Tailgator and haven't used this 500 Dish in about 3 years. I had it broken down into several pieces and all went well until I thought I remembered where that cable goes. Oh well, I just got my medicare card last month and I think it did something to my mind! All is well in geezer land now though.

I guess doing something dumb will trigger an error message!!

Garry
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500

Archived