Potential Transition to Full Time

Makade

Potentially looking to transition to full timing. I have researched quite a bit and escapees seems to be a great mail service for full time RVers. 

I am already Texas resident and am curious what the process looks like for setting up an address with escapees. I have seen the general outline on the escapees page, but I am curious if anyone can speak from experience on the process for an existing Texas resident.

Obviously, I am already registered to vote in the state and have vehicles registered in Texas. Would this process be as simple as an address change for me?

Thanks! 

Welcome to the Escapee forums! It is great having you with us here. 

We did exactly what you are contemplating when we went on the road. It was very easy since there is no potential domicile dispute because you are not changing states. All that you need to do is to first join the Escapee's RV Club. Remember that Escapees are far more than just a mail server. They are a complete support system for RV folks. Once you are a member then subscribe to the mail system and set up a mailing address. After you have your address you just put in an address change for your vehicle registrations, driver's license, and your insurance policies. I also did my voter registration move by mail. While you can move other business to Livingston if you wish, it isn't necessary. I would start the process at least a couple of months before you leave and do that same thing with moving your mail address. 

As a side note, we had been residents of Escapees in Livingston for 3 years before we ever actually set foot in the community or Rainbow's End. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We were in Texas when we 'moved' from Tyler to Livingston.   It was a piece of cake.  Got the mail set up about 3 months before we retired so we had experience with getting the mail forwarded to us, then we changed our address for drivers license and vehicle registration and voting ONLINE.   Really was simple to do.    BTW - the steps we followed were ones I got from Kirk when we joined Escapees in '05.  :D

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived