Now a Class A owner again

ChuckD

Well, finally did it.  Traded in my 13 year old Jayco Greyhawk and am now the owner of a 2017 Jayco Precept 36T.  They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  Now the fun begins.  Not that I didn't have fun in my Greyhawk but this is BIG< BIG<BIG.  My Dear Bride looked at it and said "Don't expect me to drive that monster".  She will, I will make sure of that.   But did I say it is Big?  From 30 foot to 38 foot.  It will interesting.

2005 Jayco Greyhawk 30 ft
2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Blog: www.RVtravelsofPauline.blogspot.com

Congratulations.  Enjoy your new home.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

47 minutes ago, ChuckD said:

Well, finally did it.  Traded in my 13 year old Jayco Greyhawk and am now the owner of a 2017 Jayco Precept 36T.  They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  Now the fun begins.  Not that I didn't have fun in my Greyhawk but this is BIG< BIG<BIG.  My Dear Bride looked at it and said "Don't expect me to drive that monster".  She will, I will make sure of that.   But did I say it is Big?  From 30 foot to 38 foot.  It will interesting.

Sounds nice enough . Tomorrow you'll be asking how you ever got along in that dinky 30 footer . LOL

Goes around , comes around .

58 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

You have to be careful around those dealers!   :D

I think I was.  Did a lot of research on both the dealer and the RV.  Shore I am now satisfied and   will stay that way.

2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

I agree with Pete....you will be wondering how you ever managed in that little bitty 30ft'er.
Congrats. I can relate to that new home feeling. Good luck re-organizing....over and over :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• 3 weeks later...

So far the only mileage is from the sales lot to our site plus about an hour in a big parking lot learning how to park it.   Had a helpful neighbor park his 12 foot cargo trailer in our site.  We were then able to unload our 30 foot Greyhawk into it and when we bought the 38 foot to the site we unloaded the trailer into the new one.  We were very surprised at how much we had packed into the 2005 Class C over the period of 13 years.  In fact we were concerned we would not have room for it all.  But with the help of a big, big shoehorn we made it.  Just barely.  Still lots of work to do.   

2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 11:07 AM, ChuckD said:

So far the only mileage is from the sales lot to our site plus about an hour in a big parking lot learning how to park it.   Had a helpful neighbor park his 12 foot cargo trailer in our site.  We were then able to unload our 30 foot Greyhawk into it and when we bought the 38 foot to the site we unloaded the trailer into the new one.  We were very surprised at how much we had packed into the 2005 Class C over the period of 13 years.  In fact we were concerned we would not have room for it all.  But with the help of a big, big shoehorn we made it.  Just barely.  Still lots of work to do.   

We went from a 36 to a 40 and the only reason for not going 45, was for driveway restrictions and with not wanting to deal with the extras of a tag axle again. Story short, one can never be too big and in most all cases, people do go larger.

Dan

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to 
appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_1 1/2 Baths_Spartan MM Chassis_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000
Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (SOLD)

Archived