Forum acting up or is it just me.........

mr. cob

Howdy All,

Is the forum acting weird for others or is it just me, it reloads strange, I can't click forward or backward between pages, its been like this for the last few days.  Anyone else having problems?

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

No issues here.  Not sure what is going on for you?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

No issues here.  Not sure what is going on for you?

Howdy Chad,

Thanks, for some reason I can't go to the bottom of the forum and pick a page to go to, I hit "next" nothing happens this has been going on the last few days even after I reboot my computer, I am only having problems with this forum so I assummed maybe there was something going on.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

Try a different “ browser”.

Howdy DesertMiner,

Now your going to force me to expose my computer ignorance, whats a browser and how do you change it.  I am NOT kidding, I honestly don't know what your talking about.  I use a Mac as I can crash a pc just by walking within ten feet of one.  I havn't changed anything on my computer, this is a recent problem.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy DesertMiner,

Now your going to force me to expose my computer ignorance, whats a browser and how do you change it.  I am NOT kidding, I honestly don't know what your talking about.  I use a Mac as I can crash a pc just by walking within ten feet of one.  I havn't changed anything on my computer, this is a recent problem.

Dave

Dave,

The browser is the application (window) you use to access the internet.  There are many different browsers.  For example: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Edge, etc. are all different browsers.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

3 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

Dave,

The browser is the application (window) you use to access the internet.  There are many different browsers.  For example: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Edge, etc. are all different browsers.

Howdy Chad,

Thanks for your reply.  Safari just didn't do it for me, a friend set me up with Firefox and it has been working great.  Firefox was upgraded on February 7th, it was then or shortly after that I started to have trouble with "THIS" forum, all the other forums I participate on still all work the same.  I have had trouble with this forum ever since they changed the format, it still drives me nuts when trying to post especially when I use the quote function.  The way its working now, the only thing I can read is what is displayed on the first page, I can't go to the "NEXT" page, can't pick a number and go to that page, when I follow a ling given in an email such as the one that told me you had replied to my thread, it will take me to the page and post the link directed me to but I can't move from that page to another one.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

It sounds like whatever updated in Firefox isn’t playing well with this forum’s software. I personally like chrome on windows machines (and sometimes on my iPad), but usually use safari on my iOS devices.  Try Safari for a session and see if you have the same issues.

event.png    

Howdy Chad,

OK, I have Safari and Firefox both active, "THIS" forum works as it should with Safari but bonks when using Firefox.

So apparently the latest download of Firefox dosn't play well with this forum for some reason.  Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

I have used Firefox for so long I have over three hundred sites bookmarked there, I have no idea if there is a way to transfer those bookmarks to Safari but as THIS forum is the only one that is giving me trouble I can use Safari when rading this forum I guess.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave, I don't use a mac, but I do use Firefox.  I believe there was a 2 stage update when firefox did the update.  On my computer (even while I have the forum up) I just click on the 3 horizontal bars at the upper right of the screen and then scroll down to options.  After clicking on it, I have several choices, but you can see when the last update was completed.  I'm sure you've already shut down firefox at least once since your update...that is usually what is required to complete the update.  But again, I don't use mac, and mine is working very well.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Side note:  I'm also an Apple convert.  I use Safari here and always on my Apple machines and have never had an issue.  

On my Windows machines (when I'm forced to use one) I only use Firefox due to MS Internet Exploder's excellent virus downloader capability.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Firefox just misbehaves on my windows 10. Erratic scrolling. Using Edge now. Works fine. Matter of fact several work fine except Firefox. Been this way since last big upgrade. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

10 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Dave, I don't use a mac, but I do use Firefox.  I believe there was a 2 stage update when firefox did the update.  On my computer (even while I have the forum up) I just click on the 3 horizontal bars at the upper right of the screen and then scroll down to options.  After clicking on it, I have several choices, but you can see when the last update was completed.  I'm sure you've already shut down firefox at least once since your update...that is usually what is required to complete the update.  But again, I don't use mac, and mine is working very well.

Howdy Rocky,

Thanks for your reply, I did what I could understand, which isn't much, I didn't go through the whole trouble shooting procedure that kinda stuff is WAY over my limited skill set.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

4 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

Side note:  I'm also an Apple convert.  I use Safari here and always on my Apple machines and have never had an issue.  

On my Windows machines (when I'm forced to use one) I only use Firefox due to MS Internet Exploder's excellent virus downloader capability.

Howdy Av8r3400,

Safari seems to be working on this site so I'll just switch to it when reading-posting here.  After ten years of trying to get along with a pc I finally threw in the towel and bought a real computer, for what I do the Mac works, it just works I don't have to mess with it, doesn't take a half hour to boot up each time you turn it on, it isn't constantly up grading or down loading the daily virus patch, for me, it just works.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Rocky,

Thanks for your reply, I did what I could understand, which isn't much, I didn't go through the whole trouble shooting procedure that kinda stuff is WAY over my limited skill set.

Dave

Your's and mine Dave.  By the time I finally learn something.....it all changes!!!!

I've had to learn way too much stuff the last couple of years.  The cpu in my head is overloaded!

Take care.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

57 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Firefox just misbehaves on my windows 10. Erratic scrolling. Using Edge now. Works fine. Matter of fact several work fine except Firefox. Been this way since last big upgrade. 

Howdy Glenn,

Sorry to hear of your troubles, as a guy once said, "I feel your pain."

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

21 minutes ago, hone eagle said:

"excellent virus downloader capability":lol::lol: 

made coffee come out my nose

typed on my apple

Howdy hone eagle,

Yes, I too had a smile on my face when I read that statement of fact.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

4 minutes ago, HERO Maker said:

Your's and mine Dave.  By the time I finally learn something.....it all changes!!!!

I've had to learn way too much stuff the last couple of years.  The cpu in my head is overloaded!

Take care.

Howdy Rocky,

You hit the nail on the head with the word, "Change", I came into computers quite late in life and have never really understood the whole thing and like you when I finally do get somewhat of a grasp of what I am doing, it changes.  Being a "Cob" exasperates this problem to an extraordinary extreme.

Dave.

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

15 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Is the forum acting weird for others or is it just me, it reloads strange, I can't click forward or backward between pages, its been like this for the last few days.  Anyone else having problems?

Dave

Dave,

When I come across WEIRDness here on the forum i seek out and sometimes need to troll the forum manager of explaining WEIRDness and then......... Big5er breaks out in a semi-rage and explains the WEIRDness in infinite details including various DOT rules & Regs........

Now before you troll Big5er its best to take a large water glass and mix your Dr Pepper and Crown Royal kinda like antifreeze .......ya know 50% / 50% now IF Big5er is somewhat grumpereeeer than normal you might try 20% D. Pepper to 80% Crown..........now not often but once in a while IF things are REALLY Weird you might just fill the glass with Crown and then just a splash of D. Pepper (for flavor).

You know Dave the way day to day operations are in the U S these days it's getting harder to separate "Normal" from "Weird"..........

OK Dave start mixing .....it's 10:22 here at Last Chance Peak and who knows when Big5er might show up......?

Drive on...........(Whats Weird and..........Whats not Weird???) 

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

6 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

Dave,

When I come across WEIRDness here on the forum i seek out and sometimes need to troll the forum manager of explaining WEIRDness and then......... Big5er breaks out in a semi-rage and explains the WEIRDness in infinite details including various DOT rules & Regs........

Now before you troll Big5er its best to take a large water glass and mix your Dr Pepper and Crown Royal kinda like antifreeze .......ya know 50% / 50% now IF Big5er is somewhat grumpereeeer than normal you might try 20% D. Pepper to 80% Crown..........now not often but once in a while IF things are REALLY Weird you might just fill the glass with Crown and then just a splash of D. Pepper (for flavor).

You know Dave the way day to day operations are in the U S these days it's getting harder to separate "Normal" from "Weird"..........

OK Dave start mixing .....it's 10:22 here at Last Chance Peak and who knows when Big5er might show up......?

Drive on...........(Whats Weird and..........Whats not Weird???) 

Howdy Dt,

Now, you, have me really cornfuzed.  So this is Big5ers fault, darn Texans OR is it that I can't stand either royal crown or dr pepper that is making the forum act weird on my computer.  Sometimes I wish I had a wise Grandpa to splian these things to me, gess I'll just drive on hope for the best..................

Dve

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived