Weigh Stations

Markati

Hybrid, he won't believe you either..I'm sure you are one of my "forum buddies".  LOL  Glenn, I'm sure he will say you are a "liar" too.

What a joke of a response. I don't know Dutch at all but he asks the same question. The question that Joe cannot answer and continues to ignore with nothing more than deflection. First he claims the photo won't load and then he wants to talk about my physical condition viewed from a head shot photo. Strange how one loads but the other won't. Strange how he can't answer a simple question either.

Joe, I have never insulted you here, which is something you can't say in return. You say I need to relax yet you seem to have let your emotions cloud your judgement since I stated that several people here, including three moderators have FIRST HAND knowledge of what I do for a living. I never said I told them what I do, I said they have FIRST HAND knowledge. You do know what FIRST HAND knowledge is, right? I do not need to provide them with copies of anything (which can be faked, you know), they have seen it with their own two eyes. It is sad that you have gotten so old and grumpy that you are incapable of civilized conversation without stooping to insults and deflection to prove your point. All I have asked is that you answer a simple question which you refuse to do and/or consult some of your old (supposed) work friends. You instead call me a liar and talk about my health. Please learn to control your emotions so that you can comprehend simple sentences....and definitions. You avoid answers and prefer  name calling instead, that's a great way to converse with people, but you probably can't help it. 

Since deflection seems to be your weapon of choice rather than intelligence, lets try this.  In my opinion, you sir are one of the old guard.  Your "career" was probably as a reserve/auxiliary officer who enjoyed the rush he got trying to play police. Those types of officer prefer to beat a confession from a suspect rather than using their heads and trying to solve a crime, since thinking seems to elude that type of personality.

I hope you enjoyed a taste of your own medicine. I am really done with this thread. You can post all of the insults you want. You remind me of my own grandfather who was one of the most miserable people on earth after he retired. Senility was an easy transition for him.  I truly feel sorry for you.
Peace to you.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Flo-Joe..... If you ever pass thru Houston Tx, make sure you have you have crap together....  Because if you don't, the Harris County DOT enforcement might just want to take a look at your rig to make sure you're NOT commercial.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

OK......Now this thread is getting PERSONAL...............

Flo-Joe being a olde-copper but a newbe here you have several diss-un-advantages here since you do NOT know thye pecking-order-here........

SO...........EVERYONE............Listen UP!!!

By a larger margin than the last Presidential-Landslide ............I HAVE..........been put in charge of .........."ALTER-NATIVE-FACTS".......SO HERE IS THE LAW ACCORDING TO ......DOLLYTROLLEY.............I book NO appeal(z) or too much whining since it's obvious that the "Crown-Royal-Treatment" was NOT properly .....abused so now I have to JUDGE-JURY-AND-FIRING-SQUAID this Pi$$'n match to THE kiss-&-Makeup-Stage...........

So.......

"ALTER-NATIVE-FACT #1:

Dolly-DECLARES; you are BOTH grumpy-old-cops.....PERIOD.......Hell no DO NOT send me ANY image who has the BIGGER .....uh BIGGE....uh.........uh....Badge...........I Know Grumpy-Old-Cops ......so BE IT........PERIOD!!

"ALTER-NATIVE-FACT #2; 

Dolly-DECLARES; you are BOTH grumpy-old-cops........and as such............YOUR BOTH .........'Right"...........grumpy-old-cops are always.....Right........get over it.......Period.....(grumpy-old-cops often use "ALTER-NATIVE-FACTssss").

"ALTER-NATIVE-FACT #2a; 

Dolly-DECLARES; you are BOTH grumpy-old-cops.......and as grumpy-old-cops you have VAST Powers......sorta.........but NO ONE here has the Powers to horn-in-on-tha-Dollytrolley's powers of ........"Fact-miss-management"............as a "Dick-tator" I will not yeld this position even if I were waterboarded in a tub full of Crown Royal...........You TWO can have a few "Facts" BUT NEVER step on any of MY "FACTS"..........

"ALTER-NATIVE-FACT #3; 

Dolly-DECLARES; you are BOTH grumpy-old-cops...........and  grumpy-old-cops...........often need to have their noses rubbed together ........to start a ..........relationship...........Wild-Man-Warren NEVER broke up any fight between his Blu-Tick-Hounds.........he would sit back and smile and say ........."Yep they will rip each ears into ragged edges and then........the next day they will be life long friends....."

OK boy(s) have you ripped each others ears enough.............rub your noses together........ya Dolly-DECLARES; you are BOTH grumpy-old-cops.......but you COULD be friends........

Drive on.............(Final ......solution........Don't get .........Dollymamma involved)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

8 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

I

I am very much in doubt that Big5er is an enforcement officer/police officer.  Just because someone has been on a public forum for a couple years and convinced folks of something doesn't make it true. 

OK, enough of this. No one is going to change their mind on this "discussion". Let's just let it go.

Big5er (Phil) IS EXACTLY what he represents himself to be. As described. I know this to be true personally. Lets END that discussion.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

This will be my last post in this section of the forum.  The photo of a marked county DOT enforcement truck did finally load on my computer this morning when I began using my own MiFi instead of this RV parks crappy internet.   Not sure what a photo of a empty Sheriff's pickup in a parking lot proves, but......

Guess I just have a suspicious mind but it certainly would have been easier if you would have just said "hey, I'm a deputy for XXX County in Texas".  

Big5er please except my apology.  You are correct about everything you post, you always have been I'm sure and probably always will be.  

But you do need to chill out and relax.  After careers that involve dealing with rapist, murders, child sex abusers, and then ending with 3 years of undercover work, stress can be a killer.  Even if you only check lug nuts and log books for a living you still wear a badge and there can be stress, which in your case should be obvious to everyone.  

I learned to relax and deal with stress.  In between having some fun exchanges with you and some of your buds on here I have been able to complete several days of great Harley rides here in the Smokey Mountains, including the Tail Of The Dragon yesterday.  If you want to make it to retirement and live this kind of life full timing my friend then start relaxing now (P.S. the head shot does make you seem fat, sorry)

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

1 hour ago, FL-JOE said:

This will be my last post in this section of the forum.  The photo of a marked county DOT enforcement truck did finally load on my computer this morning when I began using my own MiFi instead of this RV parks crappy internet.   Not sure what a photo of a empty Sheriff's pickup in a parking lot proves, but......

Guess I just have a suspicious mind but it certainly would have been easier if you would have just said "hey, I'm a deputy for XXX County in Texas".  

Big5er please except my apology.  You are correct about everything you post, you always have been I'm sure and probably always will be.  

But you do need to chill out and relax.  After careers that involve dealing with rapist, murders, child sex abusers, and then ending with 3 years of undercover work, stress can be a killer.  Even if you only check lug nuts and log books for a living you still wear a badge and there can be stress, which in your case should be obvious to everyone.  

I learned to relax and deal with stress.  In between having some fun exchanges with you and some of your buds on here I have been able to complete several days of great Harley rides here in the Smokey Mountains, including the Tail Of The Dragon yesterday.  If you want to make it to retirement and live this kind of life full timing my friend then start relaxing now (P.S. the head shot does make you seem fat, sorry)

Hey Phil,

Old-CyberSluthe-Paul stopped by for a face to face real chat and got a really belly-laugh out of this thread when I showed it to him......

Paul smiled and said ...... imagine the look on Phil's face if he actually saw who he was sparing with.....ya know like the .......13 year old fat kid eating Cheese Curls.......the 17 year old skin-head baiting cops.......23 y Riskier plugging vodka......

Oh the wonders of the internet......surfing naked.......

Ok Phil.......have a Crown on me ..

Another one hits the internet-dust....

Drive on.....(Wack-a-troll.....great geezer-giggles)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

On 5/22/2018 at 3:50 PM, Big5er said:

Joe, I don't "run around the country thinking you are a commercial motor vehicle", I know I am. Obviously you have no idea of what you are talking about. As I said, BY DEFINITION HDT's and some MDT's ARE commercial motor vehicles but RV's are exempt from certain regs. If you are so knowledgeable about the FMCSR's go look up the definition of a commercial motor vehicle. 

Here let me save you the time...49 CFR 390.5 plainly says:

Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle -

(1) Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or

(2) xxxx; or

(3) xxxx; or

(4) xxxx.

Ok, but you say that says 'in interstate COMMERCE' right? Well now lets look up the definition of "Interstate commerce" in that same section.

Interstate commerce means trade, traffic, or transportation in the United States -

(1) Between a place in a State and a place outside of such State (including a place outside of the United States);

(2) Between two places in a State through another State or a place outside of the United States; or

(3) Between two places in a State as part of trade, traffic, or transportation originating or terminating outside the State or the United States.

To continue, if you go read 49 CFR 390.3, subsection (f) you will be told:

Unless otherwise specifically provided, the rules in this subchapter do not apply to -

(1)xxxxx;

(2)xxxxx;

(3) The occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation and not in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise;

So lets recap, Joe. Any self propelled motor vehicle used to haul people or property (you and your trailer), that has a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,001 lbs or more (your HDT, MDT and your 1-ton dually), and while being used for transportation is...wait for it...A COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE, "by definition" just like I said. 
AND, if you are not using the vehicle for compensation or in a commercial enterprise you are exempt from the Federal regulations.

Gee, that sort of confirms my original statement doesn't it Joe? I guess that tirade you posted was just rude and well ...eh...WRONG.

Hybrid, thanks for showing him the starting line. I think this race has been run :)

I agree 100%, back  when I got Grandfathered in on the Class A from my old commercial License. They told us all, anything over 26001 lbs is going to have to follow the new Guidelines. And if pulling a trailer over this and the truck is this. But then got swapped where some can do what ever. And not be classed as Commercial.

Still thinking it would have been better if we all had too play on the same field. Take the same test to drive the same class of Auto or truck. Sad so many driving big Giant Class A's, or our class 8 tractors. And don't have an ideal how to do a pretrip. OR check there truck. Don't get me wrong some do a better job then commercial drivers. But so many jump in and never read the info to pass the test. 

Its online and can give you a big view of what is needed. And if you go over the truck before a trip. You may well find something that could save your life. As others around you.

event.png

Archived