Weigh Stations

Markati

HDT's and many MDT's are commercial motor vehicles by definition. RV's are exempt from certain regulations, width and weight are not exempt. The people manning a weigh station are charged with weighing and inspecting CMV's which, as I said, we are. The only real way to determine if an HDT/MDT is truly exempt from the regs is to talk to the driver.

That is not an abuse of power. That is called doing their job.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, Big5er said:

HDT's and many MDT's are commercial motor vehicles by definition. RV's are exempt from certain regulations, width and weight are not exempt. The people manning a weigh station are charged with weighing and inspecting CMV's which, as I said, we are. The only real way to determine if an HDT/MDT is truly exempt from the regs is to talk to the driver.

That is not an abuse of power. That is called doing their job.

Okay, if you want to run around the country thinking you are a commercial motor vehicle and subject to all the Federal regulations then that is entirely your business, but please don't mislead others into the same thinking.  Are you for hire?  Are you hauling goods and/or making your living using that little tractor?  No, of course not, you are an RVer and not a commercial motor vehicle.  It isn't the vehicle that determines that IT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH IT.  If you truly believe you are a commercial motor vehicle then I assume you keep a log book and take your required rest breaks?  Also, is your medical card up to date?  I'm also curious how you obtained your IDOT numbers, and what did your insurance company say when you told them you needed commercial insurance?

Weight, height, and length restrictions can apply to everyone, not just CMVs.  I can have a 1-ton dually and possibly be a CMV if I use it to haul new RVs from northern Indiana to dealers all over the country.  By the same token, I can quit that transport job and put a set of ladder racks on my 1-ton dually and start painting houses and not I don't meet the requirements of being a commercial motor vehicle anymore.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Hang on a minute guys and let me paint a line on the floor. Start off at the 5 foot mark and see if both of you can clear the line and then we can start moving back in one foot increments until we figure out who can go further.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

7 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

Okay, if you want to run around the country thinking you are a commercial motor vehicle and subject to all the Federal regulations then that is entirely your business, but please don't mislead others into the same thinking.  Are you for hire?  Are you hauling goods and/or making your living using that little tractor?  No, of course not, you are an RVer and not a commercial motor vehicle.  It isn't the vehicle that determines that IT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH IT.  If you truly believe you are a commercial motor vehicle then I assume you keep a log book and take your required rest breaks?  Also, is your medical card up to date?  I'm also curious how you obtained your IDOT numbers, and what did your insurance company say when you told them you needed commercial insurance?

Weight, height, and length restrictions can apply to everyone, not just CMVs.  I can have a 1-ton dually and possibly be a CMV if I use it to haul new RVs from northern Indiana to dealers all over the country.  By the same token, I can quit that transport job and put a set of ladder racks on my 1-ton dually and start painting houses and not I don't meet the requirements of being a commercial motor vehicle anymore.  

Joe, I don't "run around the country thinking you are a commercial motor vehicle", I know I am. Obviously you have no idea of what you are talking about. As I said, BY DEFINITION HDT's and some MDT's ARE commercial motor vehicles but RV's are exempt from certain regs. If you are so knowledgeable about the FMCSR's go look up the definition of a commercial motor vehicle. 

Here let me save you the time...49 CFR 390.5 plainly says:

Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle -

(1) Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or

(2) xxxx; or

(3) xxxx; or

(4) xxxx.

Ok, but you say that says 'in interstate COMMERCE' right? Well now lets look up the definition of "Interstate commerce" in that same section.

Interstate commerce means trade, traffic, or transportation in the United States -

(1) Between a place in a State and a place outside of such State (including a place outside of the United States);

(2) Between two places in a State through another State or a place outside of the United States; or

(3) Between two places in a State as part of trade, traffic, or transportation originating or terminating outside the State or the United States.

To continue, if you go read 49 CFR 390.3, subsection (f) you will be told:

Unless otherwise specifically provided, the rules in this subchapter do not apply to -

(1)xxxxx;

(2)xxxxx;

(3) The occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation and not in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise;

So lets recap, Joe. Any self propelled motor vehicle used to haul people or property (you and your trailer), that has a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,001 lbs or more (your HDT, MDT and your 1-ton dually), and while being used for transportation is...wait for it...A COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE, "by definition" just like I said. 
AND, if you are not using the vehicle for compensation or in a commercial enterprise you are exempt from the Federal regulations.

Gee, that sort of confirms my original statement doesn't it Joe? I guess that tirade you posted was just rude and well ...eh...WRONG.

Hybrid, thanks for showing him the starting line. I think this race has been run :)

2014 smart Fortwo

VERY GOOD........Big5er.......The owners that have NEVER owned a TRUCK until they decided to go RV... and think they know how to beat the system..... better think agene.   The FMCSR putty well lays it out...... confusing at times (yes)... only when the each STATE's add there rules, and mix it all up.  SO.... People that have residence in Alaska, have mail sent to North Dakota,  Vote in Texas,  Vehicle insurance in Oregon, Trailer registration from Montana,  and stay in a camp in Florida.... AND have a story that only there mother would believe.   Why wouldn't a LO question a vehicle owner ???  Beats the hack out of me why.........( maybe there from a country) ....?????????  {I'LL go back in my box now, sorry}    OU812   :mellow:

Let me just back out of this whole discussion and let all you folks in your little trucks read and interrupt the federal regs however you want.   I will simply stick by my opinion which is based on my formal training which qualified me as a certified IDOT inspector at the second level (Illinois State Police), which I put to practice for a whole career.  Just like anything in the law, or legal system, you have to read it all and be able to understand it to apply it.  So, unless you are involved in interstate commerce, or out there making a living in certain type vehicles, then you can NEVER be a commercial vehicle no matter how big a thing you think you are driving.

OU812 and Big5er do yourselves a huge favor and pull into the next scale house where you see some trooper cars and get an education.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

1 hour ago, FL-JOE said:

OU812 and Big5er do yourselves a huge favor and pull into the next scale house where you see some trooper cars and get an education.

Now that is funny.  Phil, you need to find some of them trooper cars and get educated.  LOL

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

I'm impressed with the fact that you WERE an IDOT inspector. But like you said earlier you weren't a full time "Truck guy". I AM a fulltime truck guy. I work with and enforce the FMCSR's all day, every day. I'll put my experience up against yours any day. I work in a county larger than Rhode Island that contains the 2nd largest port in the U.S. 

I am kinda surprised that you cannot read plain English. The definition is very clear and not difficult to understand. Would you please explain why, if HDT's and other large vehicles do not fit in the DEFINITION of a CMV, then why do they specifically exempt RV's used for personal use, from that same regulation? If HDT RV's dont fit the DEFINITION there would be no reason to specifically exempt them.Obviously the people that wrote that regulation realize that RV's can be used commercially. I guess you never saw an HDT registered as an RV pulling a race car to the competition?  According to you he doesnt fit the DEFINITION  of a CMV so I guess RV's can just haul whatever they want, eh?

Obviously you  have some issue with those of us with our "little trucks" (that is twice you have hurled your childish insult in this thread). Your bias shows plainly and is clouding your judgement. I am sorry you are so offended by us that you allow that feeling to over ride the training you claim to have and that is where I lose all respect for your supposed experience. Enjoy being an EX Dot inspector.

2014 smart Fortwo

7 minutes ago, dennisvr said:

Now that is funny.  Phil, you need to find some of them trooper cars and get educated.  LOL

Maybe that's the issue Dennis. They get their education from their "trooper cars"?😁😁

2014 smart Fortwo

I'm not sure how you are a "truck guy" and enforce motor carrier safety regulations all day every day, unless you are a full time state officer.  In my home state and some others around me there is a handful of local police that have been certified to enforce the federal regs but they are few and far between.   If you don't want to believe I have 34 years full time experience as an officer and retired from the Illinois State Police then so be it.    

What we are arguing about is simply this, you are wrong when you claim your truck is a commercial vehicle because it initially falls into a definition.  What makes the final determination of what is, and what is not a commercial vehicle for purposes of the fed regs is how it is used and therefore how it is registered.  Is it "for hire" or not.

Sorry for the reference to "little" trucks.  It is just that old habits are hard to break.  A couple of my buddies that drove over the road refer to tractors pulling fivers as that.  I don't think they mean any disrespect, just like when you see a truck hitched to 3 others making a delivery, it is "3 trucks humping", etc, etc....

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Joe,, Congratulations, you have now found one of the TWO CERTIFIED DOT officers in the greater Houston area. That is ALL that Phil does. And by the way, he pulls his DRV with a HDT. Well, a Volvo but still a big truck.

2017 Kenworth T680
2016 Smart Prime

3 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Joe,, Congratulations, you have now found one of the TWO CERTIFIED DOT officers in the greater Houston area. That is ALL that Phil does. And by the way, he pulls his DRV with a HDT. Well, a Volvo but still a big truck.

I think there are several county and municipal departments in Texas which have their own DOT officers.  Maybe Phil knows how many.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

In the people-Republik-of--OREgun they leave the scales turned on even when the weighmaster is off fishing so yo can pull in and weigh your rig 24-7-365 pretty handy.........

I pull into OREgun scales a LOT since they are mostly level and have good parking for long rigs.

If the weighmaster is on duty and not busy sometimes I still pull in and weigh and have never been shot at yet.

Smiles seem to work......

Now for the DOT-COPS here in the thread...........maybe FOUR parts Crown Royal to one part D. Pepper might be a good starting point and maybe THREE tumblers full to start...........post a few replies and I will read them and then will post a update mix-ratio of the Crown Royal to D. Peeepppppeeeeer...........

Once you get the mix just right ........who cares about ..........S  C   A  L  E  zzzzz.........

Drive on................(RV's scale about zero on a scale of 1 to 10.........)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

8 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

What we are arguing about is simply this, you are wrong when you claim your truck is a commercial vehicle because it initially falls into a definition.  What makes the final determination of what is, and what is not a commercial vehicle for purposes of the fed regs is how it is used and therefore how it is registered.  Is it "for hire" or not.

Again, your verbiage is what is tripping you up. Go read the definition. It says ANY (that means all of them) vehicle over 10,001 pounds used in Interstate commerce, which is defined as traffic or transportation  ie: driving from one state to another. It says nothing about money, profit or gain, it says "traffic or transportation". The same chapter says if you use it to haul your personal property and not in the "furtherance of a commercial enterprise" you are exempt FROM THE REGULATIONS. It is not a hard concept to grasp, you are EXEMPT but that doesn't change the fast that you fit the definition. Please explain why they would specifically exempt a vehicle ( something that hauls personal property and not in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise) from the regs if that vehicle isn't included in the regs, and their definition, in the first place? The answer is simple, HDT's fit the definition but are exempted from the regs. Go read the definition for yourself. I posted it earlier. How hard is that?

You claim (in your sentence above) that it is based on the vehicles registration. I am registered as a motorhome. Do you not think I can hitch up to a 48ft flatbed and haul pipe to the oilfields? There is no registration violation but my "motorhome" is all in the regs at that point. You are right in that it is the usage, but if I am not a CMV to begin with then, according to you, since I am registered as a "motorhome" I am totally exempt from the regs, because I am CMV (because I do not fit the definition).  Or better yet, what if I am delivering travel trailers for the manufacturer. If I am not a CMV then what am I? Do you see the issue with your argument? I AM a CMV, except that I am exempt...until I quit hauling personal property and begin hauling in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise. 

Try calling one of your ex co-workers and asking their opinion. Don't ask if RV's are commercial (which is NOT what I said). Ask if a vehicle that has a GVWR of 52,000 pounds fits the definition of a commercial motor vehicle, which IS what I said. Then ask if RV's, used for hauling "personal property and not in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise" are exempt from the regs. Then ask what happens when an "RV" starts being used in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise.

And your comment here about being "for hire" or not is totally off base too. "For Hire" means nothing in regards to whether you are commercial vehicle or not.

Rank 2017 Rank 2016 Company Tractors Trucks Pickups/ Cargo Vans Trailers Annual Sales
1 1 PepsiCo Inc. 11,225 3,605 17,100 18,468 $62.8 billion
2 2 Sysco Corp. 8,534 1,042 606 10,947 $50.4 billion

Those are the largest two "Not for Hire" carriers in the U.S. I am sure you recognize both names and I am hopeful that you  agree that are both commercial enterprises. You can not "hire" Pepsi or Sysco to haul anything for you. They are "Not for Hire", also known as "Private Carriers". They are still subject to the federal regs. If it were that simple every construction company in town would paint "Not for Hire" in big green letters down the side of their dump trucks.

2 hours ago, chirakawa said:

I think there are several county and municipal departments in Texas which have their own DOT officers.  Maybe Phil knows how many.

Back in 2001 the Texas Legislature expanded the authority to have officers certified to enforce the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Standards to Counties with a population in excess of 2 million (Harris and Dallas Counties) and Cities with a population of 100,000 or more (Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio). Since then, over the years, they have added cities and counties with lower population that border Mexico or a International Port of Entry. Texas has the largest commercial enforcement presence in the Nation, and Houston has the largest in the State of Texas. 

And for the record, I am done here. I have said the exact same thing twice. Everyone in the room is getting it...except for one. That one obviously doesn't want to listen or verify. He used to do it and he knows he is right...even if the right answer is written in plain english. Since it doesn't apply to him, why am I wasting my breath? Sorry to have bored the rest of you. It's time to follow the Dolly advice...how many parts of Crown to Dr. Pepper was that? Screw it, I'll just fill it to the top of the glass. That should suffice. 

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Back in 2001 the Texas Legislature expanded the authority to have officers certified to enforce the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Standards to Counties with a population in excess of 2 million (Harris and Dallas Counties) and Cities with a population of 100,000 or more (Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio). Since then, over the years, they have added cities and counties with lower population that border Mexico or a International Port of Entry. Texas has the largest commercial enforcement presence in the Nation, and Houston has the largest in the State of Texas. 

Thanks for the explanation.  Did you mean cities with population of one million or more?  There are about 40 cities in Texas with population over 100,000. 

I'm pretty sure Beaumont has a couple of DOT officers from my time staying there recently.  It may be due to their having a Port of Entry.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

3 hours ago, Big5er said:

Again, your verbiage is what is tripping you up. Go read the definition. It says ANY (that means all of them) vehicle over 10,001 pounds used in Interstate commerce, which is defined as traffic or transportation  ie: driving from one state to another. It says nothing about money, profit or gain, it says "traffic or transportation". The same chapter says if you use it to haul your personal property and not in the "furtherance of a commercial enterprise" you are exempt FROM THE REGULATIONS. It is not a hard concept to grasp, you are EXEMPT but that doesn't change the fast that you fit the definition. Please explain why they would specifically exempt a vehicle ( something that hauls personal property and not in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise) from the regs if that vehicle isn't included in the regs, and their definition, in the first place? The answer is simple, HDT's fit the definition but are exempted from the regs. Go read the definition for yourself. I posted it earlier. How hard is that?

You claim (in your sentence above) that it is based on the vehicles registration. I am registered as a motorhome. Do you not think I can hitch up to a 48ft flatbed and haul pipe to the oilfields? There is no registration violation but my "motorhome" is all in the regs at that point. You are right in that it is the usage, but if I am not a CMV to begin with then, according to you, since I am registered as a "motorhome" I am totally exempt from the regs, because I am CMV (because I do not fit the definition).  Or better yet, what if I am delivering travel trailers for the manufacturer. If I am not a CMV then what am I? Do you see the issue with your argument? I AM a CMV, except that I am exempt...until I quit hauling personal property and begin hauling in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise. 

Try calling one of your ex co-workers and asking their opinion. Don't ask if RV's are commercial (which is NOT what I said). Ask if a vehicle that has a GVWR of 52,000 pounds fits the definition of a commercial motor vehicle, which IS what I said. Then ask if RV's, used for hauling "personal property and not in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise" are exempt from the regs. Then ask what happens when an "RV" starts being used in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise.

And your comment here about being "for hire" or not is totally off base too. "For Hire" means nothing in regards to whether you are commercial vehicle or not.

Rank 2017 Rank 2016 Company Tractors Trucks Pickups/ Cargo Vans Trailers Annual Sales
1 1 PepsiCo Inc. 11,225 3,605 17,100 18,468 $62.8 billion
2 2 Sysco Corp. 8,534 1,042 606 10,947 $50.4 billion

Those are the largest two "Not for Hire" carriers in the U.S. I am sure you recognize both names and I am hopeful that you  agree that are both commercial enterprises. You can not "hire" Pepsi or Sysco to haul anything for you. They are "Not for Hire", also known as "Private Carriers". They are still subject to the federal regs. If it were that simple every construction company in town would paint "Not for Hire" in big green letters down the side of their dump trucks.

And for the record, I am done here. I have said the exact same thing twice. Everyone in the room is getting it...except for one. That one obviously doesn't want to listen or verify. He used to do it and he knows he is right...even if the right answer is written in plain english. Since it doesn't apply to him, why am I wasting my breath? Sorry to have bored the rest of you. It's time to follow the Dolly advice...how many parts of Crown to Dr. Pepper was that? Screw it, I'll just fill it to the top of the glass. That should suffice. 

God bless you Phil. Have a great evening. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle -

(1) Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or

Okay, first of all it is obvious you are not an enforcement IDOT officer, or any other type of police officer.  Not sure what capacity you may work with the federal regs but I suspect it may have something to do with the docks.  Congratulations on what is probably a fine career and your apparently soon to be retirement.   I will stick by my initial statement that just because something weighs 10,001 or more doesn't mean it is a CMV by definition.  What determines that is how it is used and registered.  

You have a fine holiday weekend and try not to stress so much when someone disagrees with you.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Joe, you still haven't answered the question of why the fed regs needed to include a specific exemption for vehicles over 10K such as RV's if they don't meet the CMV definition anyway. If they don't meet the definition, they shouldn't need an exemption, yet there it is...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Oh Joe, Of course I am not an enforcement IDOT officer. What the hell is "IDOT"? I enforce the USDOT regulations for the State of Texas. Now you are just beginning (well not really "beginning") to make your self look silly. But you needn't take my word for what I do for a living. You can ask Mark and Dale Bruss, Jack Mayer, Rocky Rhodes, Brad Dadles, Phil Detweiler, Glenn West, Jim and Allie along with several others in the HDT forum. Three of the the ones listed are moderators here. They all have first hand knowledge of what I do for a living. I have no more reason to lie about my experience than you, well actually I don't know about you. I have many people on this very forum that KNOW what I do for a living, do you?  It is sad when you run out of facts to back your argument and have to resort to deflection. 

And I'm waiting to see how you answer Dutch's question...which I have asked twice myself. Is there a reason you seem to ignore that simple question? Hard to admit it when you are wrong, isn't it? Now that someone else has asked the same question, would you please answer it? Oh that is right, you can't can you? You can not explain why RV's would need a specific exemption if they do not fit into the definition, can you? 

Not that I need to prove myself to you, but here is my work truck...Can you read the bed well enough? If not, I'll be happy to email you a bigger one. 

Apology accepted!

i-rJrbW2N.jpg

2014 smart Fortwo

2 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

Okay, first of all it is obvious you are not an enforcement IDOT officer, or any other type of police officer.  Not sure what capacity you may work with the federal regs but I suspect it may have something to do with the docks.  Congratulations on what is probably a fine career and your apparently soon to be retirement.   I will stick by my initial statement that just because something weighs 10,001 or more doesn't mean it is a CMV by definition.  What determines that is how it is used and registered.  

You have a fine holiday weekend and try not to stress so much when someone disagrees with you.  

8 hours ago, OU812 said:

Big5er...   Easy.... on the blood pressure......  every thing will be just fine.  Don't let the crown go  bad..... (go  get-em)   Dolly.... here we come   (little trucks)    OU812

5 minutes ago, Big5er said:

Oh Joe, Of course I am not an enforcement IDOT officer. What the hell is "IDOT"? I enforce the USDOT regulations for the State of Texas. Now you are just beginning (well not really "beginning") to make your self look silly. But you needn't take my word for what I do for a living. You can ask Mark and Dale Bruss, Jack Mayer, Rocky Rhodes, Brad Dadles, Phil Detweiler, Glenn West, Jim and Allie along with several others in the HDT forum. Three of the the ones listed are moderators here. They all have first hand knowledge of what I do for a living. I have no more reason to lie about my experience than you, well actually I don't know about you. I have many people on this very forum that KNOW what I do for a living, do you?  It is sad when you run out of facts to back your argument and have to resort to deflection. 

And I'm waiting to see how you answer Dutch's question...which I have asked twice myself. Is there a reason you seem to ignore that simple question? Hard to admit it when you are wrong, isn't it? Now that someone else has asked the same question, would you please answer it? Oh that is right, you can't can you? You can not explain why RV's would need a specific exemption if they do not fit into the definition, can you? 

Not that I need to prove myself to you, but here is my work truck...Can you read the bed well enough? If not, I'll be happy to email you a bigger one. 

Apology accepted!

i-rJrbW2N.jpg

Ok children............

I was about invoke the........"Ask Dollymamma rule" .........here but that is a drastic step and it's likely that a couple of ...."Grumpy-Dot-Cops" could NOT endure a whipping by a "Cowgirl-Hag-With-A-Nag" ......soooo............here is the deal do NOT open a Dr. Pepper..........now open a fresh jug of Crown Royal drink 1/4 of the jug.........wait 15 minutes.........EACH of you post a picture of your BADGE..........and a remark about anything EXCEPT a DOT Reg..............then I will look at the posts and then .............I WILL make a new beverage ORDER for both of you bad-boyzzzz...........

Trust me boyzzz......you don't want me to turn this matter over to the ...........DOLLYMAMMA..........bad juju......

Drive on...........(Open a new jug of ...........C. Royal)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

If a moderator on this forum wants to provide me with an email to send a copy of my identification from the I.S.P., then I will absolutely provide that.  I guess I could include a photo of my gold badge but of course anyone can get one of those if they search hard enough.  I won't publically post my retired police identification on a public forum due to the last 3 years of my career of what I did and where I was assigned.

I am very much in doubt that Big5er is an enforcement officer/police officer.  Just because someone has been on a public forum for a couple years and convinced folks of something doesn't make it true.  I spent 34 years in a career that I am proud of, a profession that has taken some pretty good licks in the past couple of years.  If Big5er and his forum buddies want to make fun of troopers and disrespect them then so be it.  Again, based on his attitude I would be shocked if he is actually employed as a sworn police officer.

This all started because I questioned the statement about his type of RV being a CMV just by definition.   I stand by my statement that it depends on how you use that vehicle and how it is registered that determines if it is a CMV and therefore subject to the fed regs.  I have been retired for several years and do not have copies of any legal statutes anymore.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

20 hours ago, Big5er said:

Apology accepted!

i-rJrbW2N.jpg

Nice try on the photo, maybe it will download on someones computer but it certainly doesn't on mine.  You "enforce USDOT regulations for the State of Texas".  What does that mean?  Are you a Texas Ranger, are you a Texas State Trooper?   Now there is some real proof of something, ask some dudes on a public forum what they have heard.   I am probably wasting my time with this post if some of your buddies on here are moderators because they will just delete my answer.

If you are a "real" police officer, and I doubt very much that you are, I am certainly shocked at your attitude.   If a moderator wants to send me an email I will gladly provide my I.D. and photo of my retirement issued badge.  I would need assurances that it will not be posted publically on this forum for reasons I will explain to the moderator (it has to do with real police work).  

Again, try to relax a little.  You are not retired yet and if you keep freaking out at this pace you may not make it.  From your signature pic you don't look like your in that good of shape anyway.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Joe, several people on here have met with Phil in his official capacity on duty. You I haven't met but after watching this exchange, I can tell that BOTH of you are in law enforcement. Neither of you can stand someone challenging your "Ah thor a tay" and this is going nowhere. How about agreeing to disagree and call it quits.

2017 Kenworth T680
2016 Smart Prime

Archived