Longboard Cowboy

Want to buy Thousand Trails

Longboard Cowboy, that's a classic handle, LOL... my best friend's family ran the first & oldest surf shop in Coronado for about 35 years, and they had some radical old longboards on the walls of the shop. Takayama boards and whatnot, total collector's items worth money nowadays, but they'd never sell 'em, they just had 'em on the walls, and occasionally they'd take one down to the beach to ride it, LOL. Sad to say, the shop is now gone, some greedy developer bought up the entire block of downtown real estate, except for the M.J. Brown store, those folks told the developers to p!$$ off, LOL... gotta admire that pioneer spirit, 10-4? ;) 

17 hours ago, Longboard Cowboy said:

I'm new but a TT membership seems like it might be useful to me. I would need unlimited nationwide, 21 in, park to park.

There are tons of memberships for sale from folks that no longer want/need them.  The only thing I would suggest before you invest would be to visit a few of their CGs.  I realize you are "new" so just try to locate a couple of their facilities and drive through them.

22 hours ago, Railsplitter said:

Longboard Cowboy, that's a classic handle, LOL... my best friend's family ran the first & oldest surf shop in Coronado for about 35 years, and they had some radical old longboards on the walls of the shop. Takayama boards and whatnot, total collector's items worth money nowadays, but they'd never sell 'em, they just had 'em on the walls, and occasionally they'd take one down to the beach to ride it, LOL. Sad to say, the shop is now gone, some greedy developer bought up the entire block of downtown real estate, except for the M.J. Brown store, those folks told the developers to p!$$ off, LOL... gotta admire that pioneer spirit, 10-4? ;) 

Did TT buy the block out for a new campground or is there a business there that sells TT memberships?

We full time and have not needed to buy one yet.  I thought it would be a good option when we first started off.  But Good Sams and Pass Port America have been the best memberships that we have bought.  As we try to stay Monthly at places and the Mothly rate is a rate that no membership can discount.  I think when we travel the west coast, I might try TT region membership out.

Edited by rynosback

Using membership parks we often go 6-8 weeks at $0.  Yes, we do have to move every couple of weeks, but often less than 25 miles in some areas.  Of course outside of west coast the # of membership parks goes down.

If you are still looking for a campground membership I have a Thousand Trails Elite membership for sale.  It allows for stays of 21 days then move to another park for 21 days with on "out of park" requirement.  Reservation may be made 120 in advance. It covers all campgrounds in the system, not limited by zones.

I am asking $1500. There is a $750 transfer fee to Thousand Trails.

You may contact me directly at marvinstock@hotmail.com or phone or text at 5054862575