Railsplitter

Private RV site for rent in the White Mountains of Arizona

Driveway for rent as RV space on private property, house privileges included, primo forest home on NW side of Show Low... prefer long-term rental by single RV liveaboard, electricity & water included, sewer line with cleanout right alongside site. Driveway will accommodate RV up to 35' in length, but smaller RVs or truck & travel trailer combos are welcome. PM me here if interested, this is a sweet setup for the right person. Heaps of outdoor venues nearby, including primo mountain lakes, miles & miles of hiking & riding trails, Aquatic Center with indoor pool & Jacuzzi five minutes away, shopping close as well. Leave the urban grind in the dust, live in an earthly paradise with no crowds, no traffic, no smog, minimal crime (none in this neighborhood), no foul city attitudes, just primo forest living, wilderness minutes away, heaps of wildlife, etc., etc. This is NOT a commercial ad, I am a PRIVATE PARTY with one RV space to rent in a beautiful setting off the beaten path but close to town. 

I'm not a prospective tenant, but when J and I (and three kitties) hit the road, Show Low is VERY high of places in Arizona on our must see/must fish places. I'm referrring to Scott Reservoir. Killer camping (boondocking) and from what I read, killer trout fishing. My smoker is already drooling.

What about the town, itself?

If the fishing as good as claimed on freecampsites.net? I'm a complete sucker for good trout fishing.

Best of luck renting your driveway.

Maybe so in Scott Reservoir, which I have not visited yet... however, the other day I was kickin' it on the lakeshore at Big Lake, and the AZGFD stock that place with 30,000 trout every year. Granted, some will get picked off by eagles or die of other "natural causes" but many grow to a decent size... there are also what are known as "holdovers" or "carry-overs"---fish who have survived one or more seasons and have grown LARGE in their time. I've personally seen some BIG TROUT carried away by fishermen at Show Low Lake... big enough for me to comment upon them, and I used to work as a deckhand aboard a sportfishing boat in Dago, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, LOL. That was when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, you understand... if you want to see some cool pics of Big Lake taken during my recent recon mission, go to lilhonda.com and visit my "Three Amigos" thread in the Gastank Forum (bottom of the index page), there should be shots of that excellent outdoor venue on the last page, maybe the penultimate page if someone has commented upon the photos. :huh:

I should also add that I've seen & heard big fish jumping in Fool Hollow Lake, which is mere minutes away from my house, I can reach it on my bicycle in about 7 minutes, LOL. Only drawback with Fool Hollow Lake is that one has to pay admission, all other lakes I've visited have been free, including Show Low Lake & Rainbow Lake, which are 10-15 minutes away from my house, depending upon whether one hits red lights or green, aye? Anyway, I wouldn't swap homes with anybody on the planet, this whole area is bee-yoo-ti-ful and there's just too much to do here... I have a HUGE adult wilderness playground five minutes from my door, with all kinds of hiking & riding trails for horses, dirt bikes, quads, etc. That Rim Road 300 goes clear over to Payson, or right near it... when I buy a quad, I'm gonna ride over there and camp somewhere at that end, then ride back the next day, something like 85 or 90 miles each way. Awesome wilderness along the Rim Road, named after the Mogollon Rim, here in what locals call Rim Country. B) 

P.S. One can see more photos & Hero Cam video clips of the White Mountains in the Projects/Builds Forum at lilhonda.com, my thread there is titled "Z50 monkeybike with a few mods..." or something like that, the first third or half of the thread will consist of shots taken in Dago County, but the last half should be shots and video clips taken here in the White Mountains, a regular paradise on earth. And I say that as a hand born on the beach in Coronado, CA (military, not rich, more's the pity, LOL), and I don't miss that overcrowded seaside ghetto one bit... thought I would miss the ocean, since I'm a lifelong small craft sailor, but there's just too much cool outdoor stuff to do here in and around Show Low, plus I've done all I ever wanted to do in terms of extreme small craft sailing in Dago and environs. Here's an entirely spam-free link to some pics of Los Coronados, islands off the northern end of Baja which were designated as wildlife sanctuaries by the Mexican gubmint back in 1924:

http://forums.oausa.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3072

There are cool shots on both pages of that thread, two sets of pics per page, enjoy the whirlwind tour, LOL. You can also see shots taken during Salton Expedition II on the first page of that "Three Amigos" thread in the Gastank Forum at lilhonda.com---on that second expedition to the Salton Sea, I solo sailed the length of the lake and had a blast, awesome sailing venue, the Salton, most people are clueless about it, since the foul-smelling muck and shoals of rotting fishbones along shore turn them away before they ever get a clue, LOL. Once you're well away from shore, there is no foul stench, and ya have the largest lake in CA entirely to yourself, go figure. Largest lake in terms of surface area, Tahoe probably has it beat in terms of volume, since the Salton lies in a shallow desert pan and is only about 50' deep at its deepest point. Tahoe is what? About 300' deep or deeper? I don't really know, I only know that the Salton is not anywhere near as deep. :wacko: 

Edited by Railsplitter

BTW, Joel Skousen likes Show Low as a viable place to survive in the event of global war... same with nearby Heber & Overgaard, this whole area of the White Mountains is high on his list of places in AZ. You can read his material and his opinions in his excellent book titled STRATEGIC RELOCATION, funny how not a single library in San Diego County carried a copy of that book, Skousen has been blacklisted because he's anti-gubmint, 10-4? :blink: 

You can order STRATEGIC RELOCATION for around $45, it covers every state in detail and it is totally worth every penny. You can also Google "Joel Skousen" if you don't already know who he is... former USMC fighter pilot and expert on secure & self-sustaining homes. That guy has seen all sides of the current global situation, so he knows what the heck he's talking about, LOL. Regular genius, Skousen, dude helped me find my new home here in AZ. :wacko:

Edited by Railsplitter

Hello,  my husband and I are interested in renting your space for our 1986 34ft. Pace Arrow. We currently reside in Lakeside by fire department. My husband works in Taylor and I care for aging family members- My Grandmother  in Taylor and parents in Lakeside. children are grown and on their own. Our # 205- 2214 

I have a home in Poway which has a full hookup RV spot in the backyard. 50A/water/sewer/TV antenna/computer network. Most of the time my 36' Bighorn 5th wheel with triple slideouts is in the spot, but we're expecting to move it away soon. My home is convenient to shopping. It's very close to Poway Rd./Midland Rd. intersection. My wife and I are discussing selling/renting/etc.