Death Valley Brewing

Vegas Teacher

Hello All,

This coming weekend we have a 5 day weekend from school, it starts on Wednesday after the school day is over and we don't go back until Tuesday of the following week. 

On Sunday I am going to bobtail over to Death Valley Brewing in Tecopa California. If I take 160 out of Vegas toward Pahrump I can be there in about 2 hours. I called them and they were really nice I told them about the 780 and asked for permission to park in the lot by the restaurant / brewery, you can also get food delivered there from a local steak restaurant which I thought was really neat. They were really nice and were more than open to the Semi.

I am also going to be pulling my trailer over to Hysperia California. I am training in Fontana California and Thursday and leaving on Friday. I am going to stay at the Pilot truck stop that has the outpost cafe. I have grown to really like this truck stop for many reasons. One of the biggest is the customer service and the since of humor they have. The first time I stayed there with my wife we stopped there just because we were tired and it was a long day after teaching. I get up around 4:30 a.m. and teach freshman biology from 7:00 to the end of the school day at 1:30. I have a lot of students in each class and it keeps me on my feet and busy. By the time we got to Hysperia (AFTER DRIVING 55 MPH, Chad you got to work on that speed limit for us<_<:rolleyes:) it was later than I wanted it to be, I was tired and did not need to make any poor choices or bad mistakes behind the wheel of the 780 so we called it a night. The next morning I woke up and went in to see the attendant about getting a shower for me and a shower for my wife, when he said why not use the room at the same time and just pay for one shower. I looked at him and asked if he was serious. Once again Vegas Teacher does not need to loose his teaching license, for something stupid. He just looked at me and smiled and said sure, we do this all of the time, keep it to about 30 minutes because we are busy this morning, he smiled, I paid 12.50 and we got a shower, all was good. Now when I passed a trucker on the way into the shower room he smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

Anyway I called them last week and told them I had stayed there a couple of times and love to eat at the Outpost Cafe. I told them I would purchase my gas for the trip there and asked if I could park my Tundra and trailer in the lot. I told them I would park way back in the back and not take up any prime spots. I also explained that I was going into Fontana for dog training and asked if I could detach my truck and trailer from each other and leave my trailer behind unattended in the lot. They were extremely nice and said no problem. I could stay for 24 hours in the lot with the trailer and not have to worry about it. I explained again I would not have my 780 but my Tundra instead, and they did not have a problem with it.

So the Semi and repairs, I understand it is a marathon and not a race and that repairs are expensive, all is good and the wife is on board with everything.................. Well my wonderful wife decided she wanted to go furniture shopping a couple of weeks ago and I did not even hesitate out we went smile on my face through all of the furniture stores in Las Vegas. She did not find the sectional she wanted so she wanted to reupholster the current sectional and did not know who to call, so I did the research and called all of the shops around Vegas, found a good shop, took pictures of the couch and submitted them to the places I called. Next set up an appoint to go to Regal Upholstery about a week ago on Friday. Between when I set up the appointment and when we, my wife decided she wanted another chair to be redone at the same time, I smiled and said what ever you want no problem. We went to the shop and then I took her out for dinner, her choice - Sushi. I do love Sushi so not a big deal. We set up a date for the people to come our house and measure. I made sure we were home on time and I cleaned the downstairs from top to bottom for her. Cost of the couch 4100.00 and some change, cost of the chair 500.00 and some change. So next truck repair has already been "mentioned" and she didn't even bat an eye. Newton's Laws say for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, just hope it all plays out well for the 780 on the equal part, but I did really make her happy.

Remember only 2 shopping days until Valentines day.......

Later,

Vegas Teacher

On 2/12/2018 at 9:16 AM, Vegas Teacher said:

Hello All,

This coming weekend we have a 5 day weekend from school, it starts on Wednesday after the school day is over and we don't go back until Tuesday of the following week. 

On Sunday I am going to bobtail over to Death Valley Brewing in Tecopa California. If I take 160 out of Vegas toward Pahrump I can be there in about 2 hours. I called them and they were really nice I told them about the 780 and asked for permission to park in the lot by the restaurant / brewery, you can also get food delivered there from a local steak restaurant which I thought was really neat. They were really nice and were more than open to the Semi.

Teach,

At times you tend to live life close to the edge, however.........D E A T H  V A L L E Y  has the name for a reason....... 

Tecopa is world famous for the Hot Springs ........and I mean W O R L D   F A M O U S  such as a LOT of folks from Japan, Korea, Norway, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, New Zealand, etc,  etc,  and once in a while a person from Las Vegas gets lost….. and stumbles into Tecopa........not often..... but accidents happen on the South end of D E A T H  V A L L E Y......

OK teach, Listen up ............we know that you like to ............"Engage with Law Enforcement Folks" (LEF) so here is where TWO things converge that might just be the ........."End of the trail" for you and your bride..........

1) Tecopa really exists mostly for one reasons and that is……...G E E Z E R S……..

You see Teach G E E Z E R S swarm to Tecopa mostly for ONE thing and that is the WORLD FAMOUS Tecopa Hot Springs and ANYTHING, and I mean A N Y T H I N G that lessens the PAINS that come from being a G E E Z E R will cause G E E Z E R S to swarm worse that killer bees. THOUSANDS of G E E Z E R S from all over the world SWARM to Tecopa Hot Springs and any young people that get in the way are…….toast…..

2) Now Teach, your well documented fetish to engage LAW ENFORCEMENT could very well be your undoing IF you decide to truck on over and try to stay at Tecopa because……...because…...because Tecopa is in Kalifornia and as you know AND admit laws are different in Kalifornia so……...IN TECOPA it is UNLAWFUL to enter the COUNTY OWNED HOT SPRING POOLS UNLESS YOU ARE NAKED……...Yes NAKED (not even a speedo)……..N A K E D……….

Now you consider yourself a well educated man and you have many degrees and various certifications for dealing with ……...YOUNG PEOPLE……

Now you might say…..”well G E E Z E R S are just OLD people that were just kids a LONG TIME ago”…...Well Teach that might be some theory that was foisted off on you in some collage class somewhere but here is the real skinny…….once you become a real G E E Z E R you have almost nothing in common with young people until the lawyer reads the Last Will & Test-a-mint after the G E E Z E R kicks the bucket…….

Now if you think ole D T is just pulling your leg…….go ahead ignore my sage advice…..rattle your old truck over to Tecopa……..then open the hot spring pool door and GOOK for a few seconds at a SWARM OF NAKED G E E Z E RS floating around NAKED in the pool and then you best just jump back in the old truck and drive as fast as you can over to the outback truck stop you like and have one of these grin-from-ear-to-ear-truck-stop-showers you like to tell us about with your bride.

Teach, who knows IF you will survive enough classes full of kids to make it 40 years to GEEZERHOOD but……. hanging around Tecopa with a Swarm of NAKED GEEZERS is no future for you and your bride……..

Drive on……...(Swarms of floating NAKED GEEZERS…...not a good view)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Thanks DT, now I got a image of a lot of old geezers floating in a pool naked.
I'm setting on the porch of the toy hauler having a bloody mary and the wife steps out and asked what I want for breakfast.  I said I'm not hungry and she said I was 20 minutes ago.  I told her I lost my appetite.  
Guess I'll have a few more bloody marys and the images may fade away. 

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

10 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

Tecopa really exists mostly for one reasons and that is……...G E E Z E R S……..

You see Teach G E E Z E R S swarm to Tecopa mostly for ONE thing and that is the WORLD FAMOUS Tecopa Hot Springs and ANYTHING, and I mean A N Y T H I N G that lessens the PAINS that come from being a G E E Z E R will cause G E E Z E R S to swarm worse that killer bees. THOUSANDS of G E E Z E R S from all over the world SWARM to Tecopa Hot Springs and any young people that get in the way are…….toast…..

2) Now Teach, your well documented fetish to engage LAW ENFORCEMENT could very well be your undoing IF you decide to truck on over and try to stay at Tecopa because……...because…...because Tecopa is in Kalifornia and as you know AND admit laws are different in Kalifornia so……...IN TECOPA it is UNLAWFUL to enter the COUNTY OWNED HOT SPRING POOLS UNLESS YOU ARE NAKED……...Yes NAKED (not even a speedo)……..N A K E D……….

We use to go there every year for a few days, and I used the springs every night.  There is a side for the gents, and the gals.  Susan NEVER used her side, and I many times was the only one in my side.  At first, I was intimated, but as I found I had nothing "special" to reveal so no one even noticed me, I felt more comfortable being there.  At the time we went, you paid a modest fee to camp, but the hot springs were free.  When the Indians gave the springs to the government, there was an agreement to never charge for them.  Years ago,the county  took over, and you know how government take over works.  We only went back one year after that.  We dry camped there, and was always amazed to see these old Geezers gather every night  to dance in the club house.  It was NOT a resort, and once our son, and his wife drove by just to look at the camp ground, and never went back.  We I asked him why, he just laughed.  Now that I'm an old Geezer, I kinda' wish it was the way it used to be.  As Tom T Hall sang, "I can't dance, and I never could", maybe after a dip in the hot springs, I could.  BTW, the Tecopa Hot Springs is the 2nd purest hot springs in the world.    Dick T 

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

On 2/16/2018 at 9:51 PM, Dollytrolley said:

Teach,

At times you tend to live life close to the edge, however.........D E A T H  V A L L E Y  has the name for a reason....... 

Tecopa is world famous for the Hot Springs ........and I mean W O R L D   F A M O U S  such as a LOT of folks from Japan, Korea, Norway, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, New Zealand, etc,  etc,  and once in a while a person from Las Vegas gets lost….. and stumbles into Tecopa........not often..... but accidents happen on the South end of D E A T H  V A L L E Y......

OK teach, Listen up ............we know that you like to ............"Engage with Law Enforcement Folks" (LEF) so here is where TWO things converge that might just be the ........."End of the trail" for you and your bride..........

1) Tecopa really exists mostly for one reasons and that is……...G E E Z E R S……..

Now you consider yourself a well educated man and you have many degrees and various certifications for dealing with ……...YOUNG PEOPLE……

Now you might say…..”well G E E Z E R S are just OLD people that were just kids a LONG TIME ago”…...Well Teach that might be some theory that was foisted off on you in some collage class somewhere but here is the real skinny…….once you become a real G E E Z E R you have almost nothing in common with young people until the lawyer reads the Last Will & Test-a-mint after the G E E Z E R kicks the bucket…….

Now if you think ole D T is just pulling your leg…….go ahead ignore my sage advice…..rattle your old truck over to Tecopa……..then open the hot spring pool door and GOOK for a few seconds at a SWARM OF NAKED G E E Z E RS floating around NAKED in the pool and then you best just jump back in the old truck and drive as fast as you can over to the outback truck stop you like and have one of these grin-from-ear-to-ear-truck-stop-showers you like to tell us about with your bride.

Teach, who knows IF you will survive enough classes full of kids to make it 40 years to GEEZERHOOD but……. hanging around Tecopa with a Swarm of NAKED GEEZERS is no future for you and your bride……..

Drive on……...(Swarms of floating NAKED GEEZERS…...not a good view)

D.T. (LMAO🤣🤣🤣🤗🤗😄) I just checked back into the forum today, I did not drive the semi over there yesterday, we took a friend and drove the outback instead. Lot less gas wasted that way. Went to the date farm, death valley brewery and the BBQ resteraunt had a great time. My wife did the hot spring thing 20 years ago and said she had no desire to do them again. As you acknowledged my degrees I have very little want or desire to swim in the water where others have no doubt urinated or other in the water, even though it is hot enough to kill everything I don't want to float in it. I don't go to public pools for same reason. Thanks for creating images I will never get out of my head. I would love to meet up some time, as you always seem so humorous in your writings, thanks for helping me start off positive today! 

Archived