Polk County Tax Office changes

Here's the link for TX Inspections.... look down the page at 'Out of State Texas Residents'.  It states "You will need to have your vehicle inspections within 3 days of returning to Texas".   It doesn't state business days.  Best to call if you want clarification.

https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/registration-renewal.php

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I have jumped to the conclusion that it would almost have to allow for dates you cannot get it inspected. Also if it is raining even a mist the inspection station may not, in fact should not do an inspection on the vehicle requireing a test drive.  That happened to me once in all the years I have had an inspection done in TX which is most of my driving life. It was just a light mist and I was surprised. The guy said if he got caught by the one who isnpects the inspectors he could get a big fine and could even lose his license to do inpections.  I don't know but I just thought  that it could have something to do with his insurance also.  I  asked a couple of other places about it  later and they said the same thing.  That was maybe 10-12 years ago in Corsicana, Tx.

In recent years I have been transiting Tx in the fall without get the inspection as I did not go to my home or my destination just passing through.  It could be an issue if I got stopped by a Tx LEO that interpeted it differently. (My home is Livingston and I haven't got further south than Dallas) and exit through Texarkana.

I had trouble locating the 3 day thing even though I knew it was there.

Archived