Which gen set is more reliable

Chris1992

31 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

used Sta-Bil in fuel that was kept for nearly a year and many times for 6 months

Thanks for that I might go with the

sta-bil just for the reason of it seams easy to get then try the B*S and see what I get on with 

The reason why I'm looking a 5kw is I've tried my compressor on a 3kw unit that a mate has for tent camping and it works fine when it's empty but under load ie when full it didn't like it one bit and the cost and the waight difference is hardly changes 

4 minutes ago, Yarome said:

Seafoam is more of an "afterthought".

So is seafoam more of a carb cleaner than a fuel stabilizer 

7 minutes ago, Yarome said:

More of an all-in-one (cleaner, conditioner, protectant, moisture displacement) fuel/oil treatment... AND works well as a fuel stabilizer.

Is it good for the hair too ;) at the prices over here it better be liquid gold maybe right for some but not for me 

I now own a Yamaha 6300 ISDE portable generator.product_2325_500.jpg.c6952b058254345f061564209377b64f.jpg

It is a Cadillac. Quiet. Carry in truck bed ahead of fiver. You can sleep in the bedroom with the truck attached and generator running.Also runs both 15000 BTU air conditioners at same time. Have had other generators prior . It is pricey , but you get what you pay for. Also use it at home for a back-up power system through a Generlink interface. Power in rural East Texas has outages that can last for long periods. At home I keep it on a Battery Mate  and it is always ready to go. It does not have a pull-start. Used on a recent hunting trip and it ran 16 hours a day for a week.

Always use premium fuel with Stabil. Always after running close the fuel shut-off valve AND drain carburetor bowl. Fuel will stay viable for long periods if treated.

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake----which I also keep handy.
2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7L CCLWB
2019 Airstream 25FB

VisitedStatesMap.jpg

3 hours ago, Chris1992 said:

That's a a good Idea but a friend of mine pointed out a solution that i dont know why i didnt think of, that I get rid of the 240v air compressor and get a 12v heavy duty off road compressor meaning I can easily cope with 2kw gen or maybe a 3kw 

I'm planning on getting the

VIAIR Constant Duty Onboard Air System

from amazon.  Looks to be a good system.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

1 hour ago, Chris1992 said:

Yeah looks like the one I've been looking at I figured as long as I has a 100% duty cycle i can't go wrong 

When I get it I"m going to figure out a way to put a larger tank on, maybe 2 of that size connected.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Good idea I was just going to buy the pump or maybe 2 and piggy back it onto a existing cheep 110/240v compressor with a 24l tank and swap the pumps and add a 12 pressure switch at 120psi cut off seams to work out cheaper a tank is just a tank as long as it was originally designed for that purpose hell I've seen people bolt compressors to empty propane tanks NOT ADVISED but I've seen it done 

26 minutes ago, Chris1992 said:

Good idea I was just going to buy the pump or maybe 2 and piggy back it onto a existing cheep 110/240v compressor with a 24l tank and swap the pumps and add a 12 pressure switch at 120psi cut off seams to work out cheaper a tank is just a tank as long as it was originally designed for that purpose hell I've seen people bolt compressors to empty propane tanks NOT ADVISED but I've seen it done 

The pressure relief valves on standard propane cylinders sold in the US and other countries are set at about 375 psi (2585 kPa), well within the 960 psi burst rating (4 times the 240 psi service rating) the US DOT in requires. Repurposing propane cylinders for compressed air use is actually well with their design limits.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

2 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

The pressure relief valves on standard propane cylinders sold in the US and other countries are set at about 375 psi (2585 kPa), well within the 960 psi burst rating (4 times the 240 psi service rating) the US DOT in requires. Repurposing propane cylinders for compressed air use is actually well with their design limits.

I should have been more clear I was talking more about people that forget to remove all traces of propane and then start to weld mounting brackets onto them NOT TO MENTION THE SMELL :blink: i didnt know the pressure limits on propane tanks now I do thanks for that  but I had a fealing it was higher than a compressor tank 

On 2/8/2018 at 5:38 AM, Kirk Wood said:

I am wondering how you narrowed your choices down to those three? By far the most popular portable generator brand in the RV community has long been those from Honda with the Yamaha brand coming on strong. Lately, the Bolly seems to be growing in popularity as well. If you look at Amazon Marketplace you can find a very wide range of prices but quality and reliability should also be considered. 

Great, when I sell whatever Onan or Genelec, they'll hardly net me a nickel. My genset will be a Honda 2000 or something like it. The Yamaha intrigues me.

Archived