Vortex II Upgrade Kit

Chalkie

Hope this is the proper forum for this. 

The vent fan in our bathroom is the standard cheap fan with a 7" blade. I think it makes more noise than it really moves air. I want to replace it with a better fan but am hoping to not have to get on the roof to replace it. I found this fan on Amazon and it almost sound too good to be true. It says it replaces the screen on a current roof vent and only requires a Phillips screw driver for tools. 

Rather than spending $50 only to find it really does not work for my application I am wondering if anyone here has used this and what they think of it. 

Thanks!

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

A yup. I use one in the bathroom. It can be a little more entailed then just running a couple of screws. It kind of depends on your existing fan assembly and how easy it is to get all the guts out, however, it's true there is no roof access or complicated flange replacements... caulking or the like required. Really straight forward.

It's not a fantastic fan. Let's get that right. It's a bit noisy, but not like the stock fans that sound like a turbine winding up. It "does" move a lot more air and if you go for a multi speed model it's great to get the reverse option so you can suck OR spit.

For a quick install in a smaller rig and you don't mind, although better than a stock fan, still a relatively noisy fan... I'd call it a "win" for the price and the painless install.

I don't know if they've resolved it yet, but when I bought mine a few years back they were having balancing issues. I did balance the blades before installing it and shimmed the insert on one side for level. I haven't had any vibration issues above what would be typical, but I did put in a good half hour or more balancing the blades.

It also has mostly good reviews. I'd say that it comes down to price versus quality. You will never get a Mercedes for the price of a Chevy but both will get you where you are going. If the wife insists on quiet, go with the Fantastic but to save money, this should do it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Chalkie, I have two of those in my RV and they have performed great (and easy to clean) but weren't quite as easy to install as the sales literature may lead one to believe. As noted they are NOT up to the CFM and quietness of a Fantastic Fan but for the much lower price especially for bathroom use Id go for it............

John T

Archived