Las Vegas Motor Speedway

dennisvr

Has anyone worked for the Las Vegas Motor Speedway?
I was talking to a friend of a friend and he signs people up to work the races.  I was thinking of working the week of 2/24 thru 3/4.  I was wondering if anyone has worked it and at what position to get an idea of what I would like to do.   

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

I have never worked there, but I am going to be there that week for the race.  If you end up working, maybe we can meet up.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Are there any races in the month of April. I may be in Vegas and would love to work ar the speedway. When I was in my 20s I worked one summer filming auto racing and had a blast. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

9 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I have never worked there, but I am going to be there that week for the race.  If you end up working, maybe we can meet up.

I sent my app in to work the race.  Would be great to meet up, I'll let you know what position I take and what shift.  I'm thinking of taking a gate position on the infield.  Will be able to camp there and they say my employee pass should get me into a lot of places. 
I actually thought this was a volunteer position, but they told me it paid $10 an hr so that may pay for my beer.  Let me see, how much does beer cost at a Nascar race, hmmmm,  I may have to ask for a raise. LOL  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

9 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Are there any races in the month of April. I may be in Vegas and would love to work ar the speedway. When I was in my 20s I worked one summer filming auto racing and had a blast. 

I believe I remember the guy telling me of the drag races that Biker56 posted.  If I remember correctly he said it was going to be the first 4 lane drag race.  I wasn't going to be in the area at that time so I didn't pay to much attention.  If you want I can PM you with the contact info for the guy that recruits people for the races.

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

3 hours ago, dennisvr said:

I believe I remember the guy telling me of the drag races that Biker56 posted.  If I remember correctly he said it was going to be the first 4 lane drag race.  I wasn't going to be in the area at that time so I didn't pay to much attention.  If you want I can PM you with the contact info for the guy that recruits people for the races.

Yes please PM the contact info. Thank you. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

test

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Archived