New documentary about fulltiming

I keep seeing the people involved with this documentary throwing around the number of "hundreds of thousands of people" making RVs their full-time homes. Can anyone tell me where that number comes from? That sounds pretty inflated to me. That sounds high even if you include the pioneers who thought of this decades ago.

6 minutes ago, DonCoyote said:

Can anyone tell me where that number comes from?

I think it mostly comes from the author's imagination. The last time that I checked, the Bureau of Census indicates about 250,000 people live in boats, RVs and non-conventional housing. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, DonCoyote said:

I keep seeing the people involved with this documentary throwing around the number of "hundreds of thousands of people" making RVs their full-time homes. Can anyone tell me where that number comes from? That sounds pretty inflated to me. That sounds high even if you include the pioneers who thought of this decades ago.

Haven't watched the video, but the numbers are probably low.

The company I work for employees 120+- people that live fulltime in their RV's.  And we are just 1 small group.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

It also depends on what you are calling an RV. I know people who live in unconverted vans and cars. OK the car I'm thinking about most is not a full timing vehicle--only a few months at a time--but she has a bed, toilet, cooking facilities, heating and cooling in it. Is that an RV?

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived